Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

so at first i want to excuse me for my maybe foolish english...

Ago a week or two i decided to get my old FL out of the closet and try the mod i found in the internet, called "Discovery"...

Im excited it is so much fun to play it like a kind of pen and paper rpg even if im typing very slow and struggle with the rules (a "rule-book" would be nice btw;)) it is fun also just to travel through Sirius and see the Chat (even if there sometimes some people dont really take it "serious" with the RP thing^^).

Its just a little bit sad, that the mod doesnt work with the single player campaign. >:-/ I remember i gave up when the battle in Rheinland took place...i was young... but i will soon start the single player campaign - and will hopefully complete it.

Uhm yes thats it... dont blame me, im learning... :-)

edited: two typos i "discovered"...
Welcome to Discovery! I hope you'll enjoy this Mod as much as I do and see you in the game! I am Doku Renshi in the game.

And your English is more than good enough! What other language do you speak, if I may ask?
' Wrote:Welcome to Discovery! I hope you'll enjoy this Mod as much as I do and see you in the game! I am Doku Renshi in the game.

And your English is more than good enough! What other language do you speak, if I may ask?

Usually i speak german and thanks for the welcome.:)
Welcome!

learn the rules, and learn to love RP. Your funnest moments will be flying with others.

:)
Welcome to Discovery.
Seeing your name, are you a fan of Kusari? Ifso, feel free to click the first link in my sig.
Before you leave Pennsylvania online, i suggest you read the items in your cargo hold, the ones you get when you create a char. You can also click the 'Holy Book' link in my sig to learn more about the rules.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Either here on the forums, in game, likely PMing a player with the [The_Angels] tag or join the Disco help chat in Skype! Details for the last one are in one of the stickies in this subforum.

And have fun!
Welcome, my friend, to the Discovery server and the forums.
I hope you'll have a very nice stay in here.
Don't worry about your english, as long as you can talk, understand what others say, you don't have to be perfectly gramatically correct, what's important is that we know you're trying.

As for the rules, many of them are really common sense, so when in doubt, ask yourself, would my character do this?
Also, pay attention to the "fair play" rules, like not attacking people without RPing first, or capital ship ramming, and so on.

I recommend you think of a character you'd like to play, you've got a lot of choices about it.
Develop his personality a bit, maybe start a story or a character log of some sort?
If you want to, you can join one of the player factions around here with your character.
But, if you want to roll on your own, you can also make your character an "indie".
If you don't know what that is, an indie, or independent character, is basically one that is joined with an NPC faction, like Outcasts, Corsairs, Liberty Navy,... , but isn't joined in an official faction, like =CR=, IMG| , [LN], RHA|, and so on and so forth.

If you need any sort of help whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask on the forums, PM me, visit the Discovery Skype Help Channel , ran by Tazuras, a couple of other hosts, and a lot of experienced players and new players alike. You can get any sort of help you need there.
Also, if you see a character in game with the [The_Angels] prefix, know that we're there specifically to help you, so don't be a stranger.

And last but not least, be respectful to all of the other players playing the game. We're all here to have fun, we might sometimes take this game seriously, but it's for fun nevertheless. Don't spoil other people's fun, and don't hesitate to have fun yourself.
Most of all, be nice to others, and don't get angry over things that happen in game. Because - it is just a game.

Good luck on the server, and have a good time.
Heh, as long as you can speak basic english everything's fine. If you join Rheindland, you'll fit right in! (Their the German house)-(And are at war with liberty)
Welcome to Discovery!

Read da rulez,

RP properly,

And beat me with a stick.

*gets beaten with stick*