Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New on NeuralNet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to all! I'm playing since a week, and now I finally decided to register.
Thank you for the awesome work that is the Discovery. Makes Freelancer the best game ever.
I hope to find a place in this universe of possibility. :)

P.S.: Sorry for english,i should know it better, but i'm italian and here unfortunately isn't so important know it. I'll work on.
Welcome aboard :D
Welcome to Discovery.
I'd suggest you click the 'Holy Book' link in my sig.
Feel free to ask any questions you have!
And have fun!
Loved your work in "The Professional", Jean.

Glad you found us.

If you want to fly with a fellow Italiano, talk to Admiral Sulu of the KNF.. he's a fellow countryman.

Cheers,
Mal
Have fun and welcome to discovery!

*gets beaten with stick*
Welcome, my friend, to the Discovery server and the forums.
I hope you'll have a very nice stay in here.
Don't worry about your english, as long as you can talk, understand what others say, you don't have to be perfectly gramatically correct, what's important is that we know you're trying.

As for the rules, many of them are really common sense, so when in doubt, ask yourself, would my character do this?
Also, pay attention to the "fair play" rules, like not attacking people without RPing first, or capital ship ramming, and so on.

I recommend you think of a character you'd like to play, you've got a lot of choices about it.
Develop his personality a bit, maybe start a story or a character log of some sort?
If you want to, you can join one of the player factions around here with your character.
But, if you want to roll on your own, you can also make your character an "indie".
If you don't know what that is, an indie, or independent character, is basically one that is joined with an NPC faction, like Outcasts, Corsairs, Liberty Navy,... , but isn't joined in an official faction, like =CR=, IMG| , [LN], RHA|, and so on and so forth.

If you need any sort of help whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask on the forums, PM me, visit the Discovery Skype Help Channel , ran by Tazuras, a couple of other hosts, and a lot of experienced players and new players alike. You can get any sort of help you need there.
Also, if you see a character in game with the [The_Angels] prefix, know that we're there specifically to help you, so don't be a stranger.

And last but not least, be respectful to all of the other players playing the game. We're all here to have fun, we might sometimes take this game seriously, but it's for fun nevertheless. Don't spoil other people's fun, and don't hesitate to have fun yourself.
Most of all, be nice to others, and don't get angry over things that happen in game. Because - it is just a game.

Good luck on the server, and have a good time.

Note: I already used this message once, but it's fitting here as well. And I mean all of it.
Welcome to Discovery. We're all nice people here, even if in RP some of our characters just want to kill or rob you. I'd recommend making a trader to finance your other characters (you can have 5 per account and unlimited accounts) by using the /givecash command, which is done by typing /givecash name amount into the chat box, for example: /givecash Rex.Mullins 100000 (try this now if you want to :P). Try to join several factions, and find the ones which suit you best.
'sup

*beats reaven with a stick*
Hey, welcome to our community! I'm semi-italian as well. (On my dad's side) Anyways, hope you like it here!
Thanks to all for the welcome and the tip's. I've created a new char after i've read the Holy Book. Rules first!
Pages: 1 2