Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: revised bhg bc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
here is the model for a revised bc

[Image: revisedBHGBC.png]
the idea about it is that... : - the core of the ship is still a destroyer - but its very much shielded by additional armour plates all over the hull. - additionally, it features a much larger reactor ( the round thing at the front ).

by its looks - its supposed to look a bit like its been designed as a workhorse - a beast of burden without much care for design. - instead of sophisticated plating, - the heavy armour is just attached in large, straight and simple plates - nothing like liberty ships.

the engine section is also supposed to be a "bridge" to the makos engines - which are heavier shielded and don t use the "round" engine pods anymore. - so here you see the three destroyer engines with thick plates on their sides.

- i have also very much reduced the number of windows - taking it in line with the destroyer / battleship. - it should look like a tough to crack nut and not a fancy liner anymore.

edit: doh - i totally forgot the satelite dishes.... - if they re really necessary, i ll add some
The ship kinda feels stubby from the sides of it. A lot of the objects on the ship make it feel out of scale, mostly the engines in the rear. It feels like the ship should be the same length, just the body of it be larger, and the engines not as large lengthwise, even keep the engines the same and extend the body a bit would be perfect.

Very good job regardless. The design fits that sturdy and efficient design you wanted it to have.
it appears "short" cause its rather massive with all the armour plates attached. - but if its too short really - i ll elongate it a bit - no problem.

* compared to the destroyer, which looks almost anorexic - this one looks a bit dumpy. - mainly due to the additional structures below the "hunchback". - i added those to give it more mass. - they are two vertical corridors.
That adds to the illusion of it being short as well. Is there a comparison photo you could make between this and the destroyer?
Try extending the bow section forward another 20% and bringing its 'chin' further up. Once thats done I would pull the metal plated front section forward slightly.
' Wrote:it appears "short" cause its rather massive with all the armour plates attached. - but if its too short really - i ll elongate it a bit - no problem.

*Nods.*
Looks like a baby Mako, like it should be:D I like it, nice work

-Soul Reaper

P.S: Like other people say, it does look short...
Sweet!

Are the turrets mounted in different places?
I like this, the current BC looks a bit.. meh, and the Mako looks like a bit of an oddball with the current shipline.

With the BC, the Gunship and the BS with the same design features, the line should look much more consistent.

Now, as a fighter hoe, I've actually been tempted to get a BHG Destroyer, but there are a few bits I don't like (the big blue dimples, the hammerhead wings stuck on the tail fins). *hint hint*
It looks kinda... stubby.

That is the only word I can think of when I look at it.
Pages: 1 2 3