Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I want to pirate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wanna pirate in an upholder bomber
My char is like an angry ex-navy pilot who hates corporations.
She's independent.
Since I'll be a pirate, is it ok for me to have an upholder bomber, or will I have to stick to pirate bombers?

thansk
You might have to submit a special RP request in the appropriate thread.
Pirate bombers or special RP request.
ok thanks ppl
oh my I just noticed this is in the wrong thread
Not only is this in the wrong sub-forum, its somewhat ridiculous.

Asking to pirate in newly introduced state of the art Military technology is not going to happen, you might get away with it if you write a complex and plausible RP that doesn't involve I stole it. Clearly doesn't involve I stole it. Doesn't even mention stealing things. Not even a piece of candy from your local grocer.

Its simply not at all plausible, even if you did get away with it, which criminal organization is it that wont want to get their hands on that fine piece of engineering?
' Wrote:Not only is this in the wrong sub-forum, its somewhat ridiculous.
Asking to pirate in newly introduced state of the art Military technology is not going to happen, you might get away with it if you write a complex and plausible RP that doesn't involve I stole it. Clearly doesn't involve I stole it. Doesn't even mention stealing things. Not even a piece of candy from your local grocer.

Its simply not at all plausible, even if you did get away with it, which criminal organization is it that wont want to get their hands on that fine piece of engineering?

Unless of course he were encouraged to pursue an avenue of thought which might permit such a thing to reasonably take place. Such as a group of government sanctioned pilots charged with operating deep within Rheinland space to participate in behind-lines insurgency and harrying tactics against commercial and target of opportunity military interests.

I.E. Piracy in an Upholder.
' Wrote:Unless of course he were encouraged to pursue an avenue of thought which might permit such a thing to reasonably take place. Such as a group of government sanctioned pilots charged with operating deep within Rheinland space to participate in behind-lines insurgency and harrying tactics against commercial and target of opportunity military interests.

He already stated his pilot is both ex-Navy and independent, what he is describing isn't a government sanctioned privateer operating in the interests of Liberty. He's describing a Blackbeard Pirate in an Upholder.
' Wrote:Unless of course he were encouraged to pursue an avenue of thought which might permit such a thing to reasonably take place. Such as a group of government sanctioned pilots charged with operating deep within Rheinland space to participate in behind-lines insurgency and harrying tactics against commercial and target of opportunity military interests.

Nice idea but wouldn't a special unit like that be more interested in doing false flag operations? That doesn't really confuse the enemy, i.e. "oh hey look Liberty is attacking our shipping routes"

meh...just my opinion...though, I encourage the OP to really think hard about this one there might be something plausible and interesting out there.
umm, chill out everyone

I'mm thinking up of a good RP storyline right now, maybe I'll try for the upholder some other time

and I only said she was ex navy and went independent n all BEFORE i found out we had to put up a good RP storyline, so yeah chill
' Wrote:He already stated his pilot is both ex-Navy and independent, what he is describing isn't a government sanctioned privateer operating in the interests of Liberty. He's describing a Blackbeard Pirate in an Upholder.

You'll note that I took the core principle of his desired path and demonstrated a way by which it could be constructively altered to provide a realistic means towards the intended outcome, the originally broadcasted details were irrelevant in that scenario.

' Wrote:Nice idea but wouldn't a special unit like that be more interested in doing false flag operations? That doesn't really confuse the enemy, i.e. "oh hey look Liberty is attacking our shipping routes"

Maybe it's the Xeno in me, but attacking shipping routes is exactly what I had in mind.
Pages: 1 2 3