Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Train racing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Discovery Denizens,

I think it's high time the Connecticut race course saw some action again. And, to make things interesting, I think that it would be fun to race ships that are NOT small, sleek, or fast: Large Trains. Lots of players have one, and I think a "trucker derby" would be an absolute blast, trying to maneuver big unwieldy ships around each other and through gates that barely fit them.

Anyone else interested in trying this?
My trader, Quintinius~Verginix Will take part, especialy if it means money prizes! Gateway doesn't pay him enough you know.....

Verginix Out
count me in buddy!
Koolmo will be present.
Dude I have a hard enough time driving my train in a straight line!:wacko:
' Wrote:Dude I have a hard enough time driving my train in a straight line!:wacko:

Me too, that's what'll make it fun.:D

It sounds like there's enough interest, so let's do it. First, I have no experience organizing racing events (or any events) so suggestions are welcome.

What I've thought of so far:

1. All racers could pay an entrance fee of $250k or so, the winner would get the money.
2. The race could be held this Saturday, Feb. 3, around 8:30AM MST (early, I know).
3. Obviously, large trains only.
4. We would need one or more judges to be sure that all racers play fair (go through all the gates) and to judge the finish line.
5. We should probably have multiple heats, although that complicates race administration a lot. We'll have to see how many racers decide to enter.
well in that case, i cant make it to the event, since i work saturday mornings and here that makes it 7:30 am...:(
Ugh, that is early. I usually dont wake up untill noon and even with the time difference, that's three hours earlier! (I live in Illinois). But I love the idea, and with the recent trading boom, I'd be willing to add to the prize money even if I don't participate! If you notice me in game Tannik, just contact me and I'll put a secret amount of credits into the prize money.

Mohr
Count me in. but i have nto got a Large train but only a contanior transport
Alright, let's reschedule to 1:00PM MST on Saturday.

I THINK I can make it.;)
Pages: 1 2