Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Opinions please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: crest.png]

1: Hows it look

2: Should the white be removed? so there is no background color. If yes wanna do it cause for some reason, I cant.

EDIT: if you choose to remove the background white. remove the text also...might look better.

D. EDIT:

[Image: crest2.png]
How it came out with no background.... Looks kindy nifty?
It's very nice.Although I've just had a poke round the interweb and the coat of arms doesn't seem to match up any I can find on the Watson family.:rolleyes:

Also,what will you be using it for?Chances are if you want to use it for a sig you probably won't even need to extract it from the background!

The way to remove the white from the background is (if you're using PS) to set the foreground colour to white,right click on the canvas and choose colour range.Play with the fuzziness...

I gave mine a black overlay to cover up any stray white bits,and to make those areas of grey on either side of the shield look more "natural":

[Image: watsoncoatfinal.png]

not sure if mixing the hippie stuff ( rings and bubbles ) and the art deco / art noveau elements ( floral arrangements ) really go too well with each other. - it appears to be a bit "too much" of a good thing - especially in a heraldic symbol. - everything in such a symbol should have a meaning ( or at least usually has ) - thats the point of heraldics.

aside from these technical issues, it looks nice. - so if its just meant to "look nice" its pretty good. if its meant to have a meaning though - i m not entirely sure ( if its meant to be a serious family crest for example )
It looks nice. (Except for the bottom tail bit.)
Not to seem critical, but there is a watermark to © tljones.deviantart.com under the shield which means it's copyrighted, which also indicates it's not an authentic heraldic crest, and I would suggest a completely new one.

Although it looks good in it's original form, it looks blocky and flat when edited.

But that's only my opinion, no disrespect to anyone else.
To first post: Nice work on the edit I know its not the Watson Crest, I couldn't get one large enough. If you can that'd be awesome.

To second post: Thank you Jinx, your opinions are always very informative. Hopefully I can get a hold of the actual crest.

To third post: It's a vector art for some reason vector people have a thing for tails.

To final post: Yeh I noticed the mark too, had to track down the original but never toyed with the original just the edited one I found.'

Oh a side note this was going to serve more as a banner for the story line I'm thinking up. The edited copy might have
some use if I can find a way to use it.
This any use to you?

[Image: WATSON-FAMILY-CREST----WATSON-COAT-OF-AR...367.LG.jpg]
Looks nice..but have to agree with Jinx, the tail is a but much
Not quite as good as Selena's efforts perhaps, but one I've made with a basic 3D effect.

[Image: griffin_emblem.png]

And it's free too.
The one selena shows has an odd thing on the top which is suppose to be just a knights head. that one is the more modern day one.

I like it Ed, looks good. I may use that instead.