Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This Weeks Hypothetical Scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This may become a touchy subject, and I assume the flamethrowers are on standby, somewhere.

What if by some bizarre sequence of events, the SNAC was never created, or distributed in-game.

How would this affect combat?
What weapon loadouts would be used?
How would PvP'ers be affected as a whole?

Give thy insight! And be civil as always.:sleep:
Capital Ships would demolish everyone and Lolwutcapwhores would be unstoppable.
Everyones bomber would have duel MR's.
no they would of made torpedos effective and peoplewould actually need bomber wings to hurt caps insted of just two SNACS and the cap 8 armor falkie/roc/whateverbomberyoufly

We'd be allowed to pirate in destroyers, since its the same bloody thing really.
1. massive flamefest
2. if flamefest causes no changes, adaptation.
3. adaptation includes:
Minirazor + nova torps + 4 debs
Inferno + nova torps + 2 debs+ hullbusters
Nova torps + CD + 4 debs
Nova torps + cd + 4 colodas
4. disgruntled discovery members
5. occasional threads to bring back supernovas, which will die down in frequency in due course of time.
6. preparations for next touchy/flammable topic.
I'd modify #3

Adaptation also includes massive die-offs from people that aren't used to torpedoes that explode in their faces instead of merely dealing damage.

I'd probably go back to dual Minis.
Hm

quad-shield busters and double minis on my bomber... or mini/Nova

And screamers...

And I'd whore my gunboat a lot.
We'd have to remove capship shields to re-balance it.

EDITAabove: Funny, I've been attacked by missiles in my RH GB many times and they did nothing but waste the other guys ammo.
I'd say the majority of players would be flying capital ships. There would be the brave few flying fighters and Gunboats, Bombers would be a rather redundant class. Their usefulness is limited when they don't have a SNAC, a fighter is worth more.

Capital ships wouldn't be invincible though. Today we downed an LABC with nothing but three fighters and a half dead Gunboat.

If bombers lost the SNAC, hypothetically then Cap Ships should loose their missiles, hypothetically.
Pages: 1 2