Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Newbie here with questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, Nice to meet you and Im loving the community so far. However I have some questions.

1. Im a Freelancer/Smuggler who also deals with normal trading from time to time. My Question is about pirate attacks. On 2 different days, the same Pirate Player attacked me. Now Im fine with that, even paid some ransom to other players. However this player, who, well lets just say his name starts with removed - Is a little trigger happy. Both times I was destroyed by him I was never given a "halt" or demands. Matter of fact, both times I was being shot at before the little animation movie of me exiting the gate had finished. As soon as I got control of my ship back I was blown up. Afterwards he says he made demands. What course of action can I take? Shouldnt he have to wait till im even loaded into the zone to make the demands so i can see them being made?

2. The only rep i have green is freelancer, however its not flashing, does that mean i still show up with a freelancer tag?

3. How many CD's can 1 fighter have? I dropped about 30 countermeasures and one pirate still had plenty of cd's to fire at me.

4. Are there any good Smuggler groups to join? I would love to work with some other smugglers and trade routes and smuggling tips.

THanks for your time.

Donavan

Removed the other player's name to prevent a lynching - Athenian
Welcome, and kudos for looking for help rather than doing the equivalent of farting in the forums as you enter.

1. Check the rules about what pirates can and can't do. He can't kill you without making a demand, but he can damage you as much as he wants before he makes the demand. You could talk to him, get screenshots and report him if he was breaking rules, or do nothing.
2. No, it must be flashing.
3. A fighter can carry 70.
4. Any unlawful faction should help or even have their own smuggling group.
First of all, welcome to the server and forums, my friend.
It was a good choice to register on the forums, we are willing to help you with anything you need.
I'll answer your questions here, and I'll recommend that you read the rules just to know when someone might be breaking them ( Don't threaten them with reports though, it's just to be aware what's allowed and what is not. If you feel that a report is necessary, you can do it. ), and I also recommend joining the Disco Skype Assistance Channel.
It's a chat in skype. Here's the thread for it, with all instructions on how to get in.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=36647&hl=
You can get any of your questions answered by many experienced players of this server.

Now, for your questions.

' Wrote:Hello all, Nice to meet you and Im loving the community so far. However I have some questions.

1. Im a Freelancer/Smuggler who also deals with normal trading from time to time. My Question is about pirate attacks. On 2 different days, the same Pirate Player attacked me. Now Im fine with that, even paid some ransom to other players. However this player, who, well lets just say his name starts with Doom, Is a little trigger happy. Both times I was destroyed by him I was never given a "halt" or demands. Matter of fact, both times I was being shot at before the little animation movie of me exiting the gate had finished. As soon as I got control of my ship back I was blown up. Afterwards he says he made demands. What course of action can I take? Shouldnt he have to wait till im even loaded into the zone to make the demands so i can see them being made?
The rules state that there has to be RP prior to an engagement, and when it comes to robbing traders, he is allowed to deal some damage to you before making a demand, but he is *not* allowed to kill you, and not allowed to kill you "just because", but only if you refuse to give in to his demands.
Also, what you just described, with the gate there, is called "dock killing", and is also not allowed by the server rules.
If he didn't want to listen when you tried to talk to him, if he lied, and if you feel that you have been wronged, feel free to file a violation report to the admins of the server.

Violations forum:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showforum=50

Template for making a violation report(Not obligatory, but helps to make it easier): http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19339

And as for your last question in this paragraph, yes, he should.

' Wrote:2. The only rep i have green is freelancer, however its not flashing, does that mean i still show up with a freelancer tag?
If it is not flashing, it will mean that you are not tagged.
Only when a rep is flashing will you get that tag. It will flash when you max it out (Full green, except one block, which can't be filled).
Try getting Freelancer bribes at the Barrier Gate Station.
If there's not any there, doing bribes for Zoners will raise that Freelancer rep.
Alternatively, try killing some Freelancers so your rep with them drops to neutral, and then just go to the Barrier Gate station, and try to take a multiple rep hack for the Freelancer reputation.
You do it like this:

-Go into the bar
-Find a Freelancer bribe with the bartender(If you don't at first, undock and dock again)
-Do not accept it yet, press decline(It will not disappear)
-Try to find another Freelancer bribe with one of the guests, if noone has one, then just switch to the equipment dealer, and then bar again(Do not undock now!). When you do that, all the NPCs in the bar except the bartender reset, so you can again look for the second bribe
-When you've got two bribes at the same time offered, just take them both and that should be that

' Wrote:3. How many CD's can 1 fighter have? I dropped about 30 countermeasures and one pirate still had plenty of cd's to fire at me.

' Wrote:4. Are there any good Smuggler groups to join? I would love to work with some other smugglers and trade routes and smuggling tips.
Yes, there are. I cannot think of much at this moment, but there are many. You can ask around here on the forums, and you can try joining some of them.
The IND for example, deal in all sorts of trade, both legal and illegal. I can fully recommend going with them.

' Wrote:THanks for your time.
Been a pleasure.

And ask for help any time. Cheers.
Yeah, that's what I meant to write.
' Wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant to write.

Slick.:P
Just out of curiousity, what is your trader/smuggler called?

Just in case, because I am awaiting contact from a person who I asked to "take to the forums" after pirating him two times, because he would not stop thrusting, then threatained to sanction me and told me I had to "learn how to pirate".
It wasnt you who pirated me. I wont tell the name cause i dont want to start a flame war, just wanted clarification on some rules.
Thats good to know.