Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RP Stereotypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Zoner trader...I've RP'd him since .84
It seems that for some reason, alot of people have gotten on the Zoner trader using a whale band wagon...I mean, the RP is nice, I always get to talk to people I meet...I only bring supplies between Zoner bases with the odd stop in Leeds to pick up refugees

Problem is...people just don't do it for the RP...
And it shows on other players too...I can tell when I talk to them they think that it's another 'Zoner'
Its like.... when you know someone is looking at you behind your back

I also have a Rogue... I admit I don't fly as her much anymore...for a few reasons
She's in a LR bomber... I had created a story a while back with a character, a space pirate, who had a ship that I thought fit the discription of a bargharst or however it's spelt pretty well... Unfortunetly, every indie Rogue I see has.... guess what? A bargharst... not only that, but it's impossible to find a quiet stop to try and catch a ship.... Cali is full of screaming idiots, and every other Rogue I talk to demands I join their group because they are going to hunt down some LN that shot at their friend a few minutes ago...

I had some ideas that I developed really well...I thought they were unique, but getting into the actual field, I see that they look like cut and paste indies from the outside..... which well sucks, I feel bad flying as them now....... and I don't think I will even bother to include my BHG and Corsair...we all know what people think of them

Somedays I just figure I should scrap the whale turn it into a Corvo and make a Kruger trader or something, just to get some interaction that is worth while... the only reason I keep my Rogue is that well.... I like her character alot, and she is the only bomber I have, so I rather fancy the ship.... but I understand why I left Liberty a year ago..... I was hoping it would change for the better...

am I the only one who has these feelings? That your own RP is damaged by the impression that fools and trends that have been set?
I must admit there's a good amount of players who are Zoner and using that ship.

And I think you're right. But I don't really know what we can do about that.

The only way to solve the "power trader disguised in roleplay player" problem, would be to remove those ships that are very expensive. I don't think I need to explain why. And yes I'm talking about cruisers and bigger ships. I seriously think they should be honorary ships that are given in limited number through roleplay events for a distinctive roleplay and remove them from the market. (Maybe excepted the improved equipment for those ships that would still need to be bought).

I know player who got those ships and worked for it won't like it but if they're refunded it won't be as bad. (They'd only have to make a thread on the forum where players who own them would have to ask for refund before X date where capital ships would be removed from all player accounts. And the forum idea because it'd be too much work to refund every single ships. Those who don't come on the forum only had to. It was their player duty.. Really. Anyway, those who don't come on the forum are not roleplay players. And, not that I don't like them, I think you guys wouldn't mind if they left the server because they lost their almighty ship that pwnzor everything.)

And Kikatsu, maybe a way to solve that problem in some way would be to join a roleplay faction if you haven't done it already and hang most of the time with good roleplaying characters? I don't think there's anything else you can do. Well maybe someone has a better idea than me.
Join the LR-

Great friends, great pirating, and an excellent health plan.

[Image: LRPoster.png]
' Wrote:That your own RP is damaged by the impression that fools and trends that have been set?

Frankly, I feel it is damaged more by all these ridiculous restrictions people want to put into place to counteract the stuff which they believe is going on.
ok you all probly know my main charcter by now jimmy patterson the rp storys ive done (with yue) and such and yet im stil lconsider and painted by the " JUST ANOTHER LULWUTCAP" brush because im indie and apopprently dont know how to rp so yes i /sign your entire post kikatsu
It is unfortunate that the actions of a few "ripple" to the entire group that you are in. Also, as Noobl3t said, some of the the restrictions already in place that keep the offenders in check don't go in your favor as well, when you actually RP. How I deal with Liberty's craziness? I suppose I let it go because I try my best to deal with all that goes on there. And sometimes it isn't pretty, names are called, stereotypical comments all that jazz, just take it in stride. I guess my advice is to try to be the example, show others that the zoner whale isn't just for powertrading but have some fun interactions, and "be the change you want see". Who knows? Maybe the ripple could be a positive thing when others see the "how-to" RP.
You know, after ID restrictions, Rep ninjas and crys "hey Trader XY your cargo is oorp" i am realy contemplating getting out my Zoner Char again, and get him a whale, just for not to be bothered by either Players who feel the need to pull their waight around, or the plain game mecanics, who say i cannot go there, or carry that, or fly that ship.

After the zoner battleships the whale is the second worst thing the devs did to the gameplay of the zoners.

Why complain? Get the ship you want, play as you like, and take it if others do it otherwise.
' Wrote:You know, after ID restrictions, Rep ninjas and crys "hey Trader XY your cargo is oorp" i am realy contemplating getting out my Zoner Char again, and get him a whale, just for not to be bothered by either Players who feel the need to pull their waight around, or the plain game mecanics, who say i cannot go there, or carry that, or fly that ship.

After the zoner battleships the whale is the second worst thing the devs did to the gameplay of the zoners.

Why complain? Get the ship you want, play as you like, and take it if others do it otherwise.

Seen this thread?
I vote all guns do no damage, cap ships are reduced to the size of starfleas and shoot bluebells and an autochat feature is enabled that automatically disables your thruster and weapons whenever anyone wants to talk to you.

Ships will carry no armor anymore and pirates can only attempt to pirate you if you tell them its ok in advance. Players will be sanctioned if they kill another player or make them feel bad or if they fail to spend eight hours a day in rp chat on days when they don't right at least ten pages of rp storyline. Finally, players who don't do what all the other players tell them are autobanned for forty-five days.

That cover it?
I pretty much just kill any Zoner that looks funny, because I know one time or another he has committed a crime /sarcasm

Can I add in the fact that whenever I tell a guy to stop...
A. He proceeds to OOC/OORP bash me how I am wasting his time...
B. He just runs, and I end up shooting him and then A starts, but its OMGWTF LSF PIRATE

I can say that you should try hanging out with the Lane Hackers - Despite the Hellhole California has been made into, we always find a nice Niche and bring back some thirty million or so out of it.

As for your Zoner, do what Dab said - Make it more indepth, Malaclypse might even make you deputy-sheriff-gendarmaine-field marshal of TAZ or something due to your ability to roleplay something how it should be played.

Could always use your RFP Char and law down the law in Rheinland, theres a few lolwutters there now.