Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hacking Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I belive that the character Nobody was ahcking the server today, he talked to me, saying he was blocked from the site and he need the new mod. He said that he changed his character to say 4.83 so he could get the mod. Here are some screenies:

[Image: screen181.jpg]

[Image: screen182.jpg]

[Image: screen183.jpg]

Admins, look over these and Do what you may.

Verginix Out
It could be the guy just doesn't know how to find the link to the new mod, especially given that his english is pretty poor.
But how could he have access the server when it was set too 4.831 when he had 4.82, it seam really suspicious to me.....

Verginix Out
He has 4.831

On the corner of the main page, it says 48.31

I think the poor chap is confused, and thinks that he has the wrong version, when it was a typo by Igiss.

' Wrote:But how could he have access the server when it was set too 4.831 when he had 4.82, it seam really suspicious to me.....

Verginix Out

You can edit freelancer to have any version number you want it to have. He has 4.82, saw the version changed and couldn't get on, and he manually changed the version so he could log on.
Verg.. He can't access the site... "Nobody" is Mista Shoultz. Sometime the site is blocked on his router so he can't get on it. Hes not a hacker.

: Dude if you can't get the mod, next time just ask me..
All he did was take a program that can change the .exe file version number. I have one so I could change the .exe of my copy of Disco that had the discovery mod on it, so people who tried my systems couldn't get on the Disco server and crash the server.
Mista...lol he could've asked me too. But what he's saying is true I talked to him the other day and he cannot get the forums to DL the new mod and it is not hacking to modify the version number...

This is actually kinda funny but it could cause some file corruption if someone does not email him the new version unfortunatley I do not have his email adress...
Actually it could crash the server if he is on 82 and does something that causes a conflicts with 83.
Dboy, tell Mista not to do that please.
Using a different disco version can lead to server crashes, client crashes, and possibly player files corruption. That could ruin his character beyond repair.

I will ban people doing that if I found them in order to protect the server stability.

Pages: 1 2