Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Forum downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My apologies for the board being offline.

The recent forum downtime was my fault. I tried to install newer version of Invision forums, but it appears that our current host does not support it. Unfortunately, I was so sure that the upgrade will be done seamlessly and without any problems (like it was when I upgraded Invision before) that I didn't even backup the old forum files. Forum database was saved, but configuration, cache files and many other useful goodies were not.

I spent over 5 hours trying to get things back working, and if you can see this message it means that I somehow succeeded. But since I should've been sleeping for those 5 hours, I am unable to complete the process right now, and some flaws may remain in the forum design. Please report any issues you find in this thread.
Well, I am thankful it was down on pupose, I needed some boredom saving in my Iformation Technology class and I thoughht it was the computers there preventing me from logging on to the server. Haven't spotted any buggs yet!

Verginix Out
My Novel! My precious manuscript.

It was on that old dusty back shelf! Up high! With the coffee stains and cigarette burns?

That's alright. Tom Robbins stole it over two years ago.

Changed the damn title from "Veranda Incognita" to "Villa Incognito".

Not even a thank you note.

Tom, you Putz.

(NP, Igiss. J/K)
' Wrote:My Novel! My precious manuscript.

It was on that old dusty back shelf! Up high! With the coffee stains and cigarette burns?

That's alright. Tom Robbins stole it over two years ago.

Changed the damn title from "Veranda Incognita" to "Villa Incognito".

Not even a thank you note.

Tom, you Putz.

(NP, Igiss. J/K)
The "quotes" are not working correctly. Just look at this quote of 666...

EDIT: Oh, they are working now. nvm.
Oh. Good. It was on purpose.

Looking at the coding errors I was getting I thought it was hacked. Good to know:D
what would make you think you were hacked DBoy.

The disappearance and reappearance of "quotes" and other punctuation seems to be an intermittent problem.

Sometimes, when a "quick" edit is done, the post will lose the intended atributes.

I've found that opening "full" edit and resubmitting without any editing fixes the problem. But yes, there is a problem.

One other irritating forums issue I will mention here, and have mentioned before:

I seem to recall that in the "olden" days, when one clicked on "view last post" in the index, one was actually taken to the "last post", bang. Now one is only taken to the top of the last page, and must scroll down to the "last post".

Or is it just me?
No apologies are necessary Igiss. You are doing the work of Atlas. Enjoy comforting dreams.

Sincerely
OsoRojo
... The work of Atlas?

EDIT: Ah I get it, Atlas, the one who holds the forums on his shoulders. Took me a while there.