Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Time to introduce myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

I am a new member to the forums community. The last couple of days I have done not much more than just reading through various forums and finding more in depth stories of players and factions on the server as well as checking out the mod forums. I had a general knowledge of the rules of the server before I subscribed to this large community. This was not the first time I have visited the forums, but maybe the first for me to delve into them. Now I have played Freelancer for a while, including the discovery mod off and on. I started during the 4.84 patch and played for around a month. I quit because I felt my role play skills did not meet this communities standards. But I have returned (to characters wiped from my original account :D) to check out the new patch for the mod. In fact, I enjoy the improvements made to the mode much more now, worth sticking around for. I apologize if my role playing ability is somewhat limited, but I am certain improvement comes with practice. I have yet to explore and experience the new gaian systems still. I find that I usually hang around the omicrons and omegas.

I have several characters I have made here in the last couple weeks.
Two zoner characters - my favorite faction. I feel this faction aptly fits my ideas.
Zamboni.Transports - my Zoner trader. 95% of the time between zoner bases only.
Mr.Zamboni - soon to be renamed. This is my Zoner character for non-trade functions. (Will post a story for these characters once I complete writing one)

I also have an Order character
Gil.Thatch it is a fighter, will make a bomber for The Order soon I suppose.
I live on the west coast US, so I deal with lag in combat... fighting is not always easy :lol:

When I first started the Discovery mod, I had a few zoners, Liberty Navy characters, and a Red Hessian Character.

At the moment, I play independent, but I have the ambition to join player factions. My role play is not the greatest, but I am a quick study.

That concludes my introduction and my little history playing Freelancer discovery. I like this community and hope I can thrive here (well in my free time).
What? Don't tell me I'm the first person to read this >.>

Welcome to Disco! I'm sure your RP skills are better than a lot of people on the server.

Be sure to follow all the rules and watch out for penguins:)
Hey there,

In my limited experience the Disco community is very receptive to players that are new to RP but willing to learn. This is the first game ive played in a RP enviroment and people are very forgiving of my, at times, shocking RP.

Like a lot of others i started out only wanting to get a Capital Ship and then fly around pew-pewing people but as you play more and get more into the disco mentality, ive found it much more rewarding to focus on trying to RP and ultimately improve the server rather than just on getting a WTFPWNBBQ ship for myself.

So as one new player to another id recommend joining a faction, the vast, vast majority of players here are super helpful and very forgiving of newer players with a positive attitide and being in a faction can open doors to new experiences that you'd otherwise miss flying solo.

Hope to see you in space,

Weepig
Hey there ^^

First, welcome on the discovery forums!It's always nice to see players that are active on the forum because I believe it's an important part of the mod. And it's alright even if your roleplay isn't the best on the server. Like you're saying, it'll improve.

So I hope we're gonna meet in game and I wish you to have fun! :D

Yeah I'm flying a fighter too sometimes and I got about 130 ping ... it can be hard sometime to shoot :lol:
Welcome. Read and follow the rules and you'll do alright here.

~Leo
Welcome.

Be aware that being a Zoner trader has some sort of power-trading stigma attached to it. If you role-play you should be fine, unless you run into one of those pro-corporation people.

Apart from that, have fun, and should you have any problems feel free to PM me, Swift or Tazuras, once he gets back. I am sure others on the forum will be more than willing to help also.

In-game, those with [The_Angels] tag can help you. It is their primary purpose.

Have fun, and spend more time in-game than on the forums.
Greetings.

In Pennsylvania, you might see some DSE) miners in the fields. If you can buy a transport, you may find that we can help you get some starter money. The last new person we tought ended up with 24 million credits..

*gets beaten with stick*
Welcome here, read and understand the rules, then you will have much fun. See you in Space
Welcome to the board and to the game. I think i've already pirated you:D
Welcome to Discovery!:)
Pages: 1 2