Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just thought I'd take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Tarl. I was ecstatic to learn there is still a thriving Freelancer community a week or two back when I stumbled across this mod / site! After a little finagling I am finally able to connect and play on the servers! I love the role play aspect and look forward to meeting some of you!

I hail from just north of Philly Pa. I'm 36 and have been gaming and working with computers most of my life. I am completely new to this mod but it looks amazing. Kudos to those who built it!

Back when Freelancer came out I ran my own server but eventually the game died off and I thought no one played anymore. I dusted off my cd a couple weeks back and was amazed when i went on line and found there are still a bunch of freelancers out there!

I'm not sure just how much role play you all look for. Thats my only real question.. I like doing it and can do anywhere from very low key to full immersion in a character.
Can anyone tell me what its like on the servers in that respect?

OK I am off! I hope to meet some of you soon in the game! If you simply HAVE to take a shot or two me I will understand.. just don't scratch the paint up too much.. I'm still paying off the starflyer.. =)

Yo. Welcome. As for RP-levels, it's basically up to you. There are people who just skirt along with lip-service, and people who get completely and fully in to it, and all levels in between.

As for your starflierdom, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would lend you money, and even more who would want you to join their trading factions so that you can become your own cashcow.
Greetings!

Read the rules,

Have fun,

Rp well...

*gets beaten with stick*
Welcome to the insanity,
Soon your head will be nothing but a pile of mush.
You will learn to enjoy it..
BUT most importantly you must live by the words I am going to post below...

-Seriously welcome to the server
hi there, please read the rules and follow them.
believe in fair play and play fair
If you need any help you can ask on the forums or PM me i will gladly help you with any question.
Enjoy

WELCOME TO DISCOVERY
Welcome to Discovery!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, PM a player wearing the [The_Angels] tag in game or join the Disco Help channel in Skype!

About Roleplay, i'd recommend to join a faction.
Oh and read the Holy Book!
Welcome to Freelancer Haven! We are pretty much the most active freelancer community existing;). Oh, and a heads up- Your sig's too big.