Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What is the Order logo/symbol?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

I'm making a sig for a friend who is in the Order but I've seen several different symbols used. Is there an "official" Order symbol somewhere that someone can send to me?

Thanks!
An eye of Ra(?) I believe, is the official one.
Because I'm not too certain on the name, should be the eye you see in that sig template I made here.

[Image: ordercopy.png]

Though the official faction uses this I believe (I'm not too certain... because this symbol was previously the Bs| one if I recall, and not that of the Order as a whole, which should be the eye. But I'm confused on that.)

[Image: 2itmxph.png]
(the white symbol the upper middle)
white symbol is symbol of Black Squadron ... and eye thing is Order as far as i know:D
Yes,white symbol is symbol of BlackSquadron(Official Order| center)and we are using it as Official Order| faction symbol.
White starlike symbol is the Clan symbol for all BlackSquadron teams, Freelancer is only a division of BlackSquadron so its not suitable for non Order| people. All order| people are members of BlackSquadron clan so its why they use the logo.

Eye of Ra fits well but as far as I know, there is no "set" image for a "constant" logo image. Actually, good to remind. Perhaps I should work on one some time.
How strange, Ra ( Re ) was in fact the Sun God, Maat ( Ma'at ) was in truth the symbol of Truth, Justice and Order.

Re (Ra) was the Egyptian sun god who was also often referred to as Re-Horakhty, meaning Re (is) Horus of the Horizon, referring to the god's character.

Maat

Other Names: Ma'at

Patron of: truth, law and universal order.

Appearance: A woman wearing a crown surmounted by a huge ostrich feather. Her totem symbol is a stone platform or foundation, representing the stable base on which order is built.

Ref:

http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/
Just a little note, it is not the eye of Ra, it is the eye of Horus, who lost it in a war with his uncle. 'Tis a sort of ancient Egyptian good luck symbol.