Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Equipment Search Utility?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, FL Companion is great for checking commodities and figuring out trade routes, but what if you want to know where you can find equipment or a certain ship? Is there a similar utility for those things? I checked the wiki but it's remarkably vague about where to find a lot of things...
Yes, there is.

But if you won't have the discovery in the mod, you will have to discover those little programs for yourself.

It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes on google.

Edit: Or just listen to iKone...
Freelancer DataStorm.
http://ds.fa-matz.de/

Take the 4.1 full installer.
The installer is in German, but the program itself is in English.
How bout you check out my sig?
You know...ADD to the wiki...
Join the wiki team so that the wiki is less vague?

If you do add things, please let me know so I can add you to the wiki skype chat.

if you do add locations to the wiki then please use

{{Spoiler
*[[base name]], [[system]], [Political affiliation]]
*more base names
}}

The wiki is for everyone to contribute. Welcome to Disco!

Example:

{{Spoiler
*[[Manhattan]], [[New York]], [Liberty]]
*more base names
}}
' Wrote:Freelancer DataStorm.
http://ds.fa-matz.de/

Take the 4.1 full installer.
The installer is in German, but the program itself is in English.

Interesting. When I run 4.1, it won't do anything other than say there's an update available and redirect me to the download page, but when I try to download 4.2 I get a 404 error.
' Wrote:Interesting. When I run 4.1, it won't do anything other than say there's an update available and redirect me to the download page, but when I try to download 4.2 I get a 404 error.
just close that window, press X, and program will load. enjoy
Datastorm sucks. A lot. Get FLstat

Eagle VHF: 1.9m credits.

Guns, Thruster, CM, Mine: 2m credits.

Universal Armor Upgrade Mk. VIII: 15m credits.

Not having to spend hours 'discovering': Priceless.
' Wrote:Datastorm sucks. A lot. Get FLstat

Eagle VHF: 1.9m credits.

Guns, Thruster, CM, Mine: 2m credits.

Universal Armor Upgrade Mk. VIII: 15m credits.

Not having to spend hours 'discovering': Priceless.

Isn't FLstats for ranks and stuff? I dont think its for item searching and such.
' Wrote:Isn't FLstats for ranks and stuff? I dont think its for item searching and such.
There are two different FlStat programs, one for ranks and stuff, the other shows the stats of weaps, ships and many others. Still, Datastorm has a few advantages, but most wiki editor got the two since flstats is the best only way to get stats about power and its the best of the two to get hull prices and to know faster systems in which the base is located. Datastorm, shows the full price of the ship, and unlike FLstats, no items are missing. FlStats do not have anything about IDs, armor upgrades and scanners.

For general use, datastorm all the way, but do not get the update since it cause crashes, and for the ''need update thing'' just close the window and datastorm will open.