Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Newcastle glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Okay, so I was in Newcastle, taking the trade lane to that northermost point, past the ancient minefield.

I noticed that the minefield didn't really conceal the nomad ruin very well, with Battleship Grimsby. It seem to go about one square down, and then just cuts off.

I'm guessing the "Ancient Minefield" is supposed to run ALL the way down to the shipyard, as to conceal the nomad ruin. The other half of the Ancient Minefield seems to be on the other side of the system, near the Battleship two word title thingy.

What's up with that?
I've never thought the purpose of the ancient minefield was to hide the abandoned nomad base, I thought it was just there for simple decoration. The battleship and the research station doesn't seems to offer much...

PS: That ancient minefield is just, too powerfull... I saw how 2 bretonian gunships that dared enter there just died in a few blows...
Newcastle is one of Angels systems. She put it there. No1 knows why. But hey, who cares:D
And that's nothing. You didn't see the first version of that system. Igiss removed all the traps. The sun corona trap (death zone bigger than warning zone), planet atmosphere trap (same as before), the unmarked mine fields in common and long paths (those you tend to leave in auto pilot and go to get a drink. You then find your ship in ruins), the high-level NPC swarms, etc...

It was a tricky and dangerous system... yep:unsure:
' Wrote:And that's nothing. You didn't see the first version of that system. Igiss removed all the traps. The sun corona trap (death zone bigger than warning zone), planet atmosphere trap (same as before), the unmarked mine fields in common and long paths (those you tend to leave in auto pilot and go to get a drink. You then find your ship in ruins), the high-level NPC swarms, etc...

It was a tricky and dangerous system... yep:unsure:

PUT THAT BACK! That sounds fun:D
The mine field was taken from the Zone-21 minefield. Therefor, the density of mines, as well as the damage done by them is equal to that field, as she didn't go in the .ini files and edit those. Even a battleship would die fairly quickly in that thing. The cloud is to conceal the mines.

I think the cloud should be extended to hide the nomad ruins, the minefield not extended though.
Tell that to the Enterprise. It blew up in that bloody field.
I set course for the Ruins through the nebula, and leave to get some stuff to eat... 5 mins later i hear "Danger: Mines Detected...... Booooom!" >.<
I wish you would really put that back! Or like a huge trap system, then the first person to get through safely would win! We could make contests, it would be great for promotions. "if you can make it through newcastle, then we'll promote ya" That would be awesome...
' Wrote:I wish you would really put that back! Or like a huge trap system, then the first person to get through safely would win! We could make contests, it would be great for promotions. "if you can make it through newcastle, then we'll promote ya" That would be awesome...

A racing system like Connecticut! Loads of Mines and Exploding Gases! Get from Point A to Point B the fastest possible!:)Would require awesome skills;)

PS: Woa... Newcastle is HUGE!
LOL...that would be cool.:cool:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5