Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Satire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42906

Right. I'm about to own a GRN Cruiser... as an Outcast.

:sleep:

Apparently nobody can appreciate the point I'm trying to make by posting ludicrous things in those threads, which is...

Selling high-tech military-grade warships on the open market is just plain OORP. Posts in those threads are by-and-large one-liners with no 'Incoming Transmission' or header showing who's talking. For all we know enemies of whoever is selling the ship could be buying them.

Selling this stuff in a thread which requires yourself to ID yourself? Like a BHG Mako-class battleship being sold within the Guild is RP. Selling it on the open market where any Joe Dick or Harry could buy it? Not so much.

And in response to your PM; I wasn't serious, I don't want your cruiser. Though I should take it and put an OC Guard ID on it just to make a point by getting sanctioned:lol:

(I wasn't serious at that either)
The whole auctioning thing is screwed up to be honest. Not much you can do about it.

On another (fail) note, you buy that as an OC, I'm going to suncrush malta, kk? kk.
/signed.

And Faction Leaders/Councils need to monitor these sales.

Purchasers should be expected to "tow the mark" regarding Faction rules and protocols.

Mal
I believe this is a point Bluntpencil has been trying to make for weeks now. QCP was so close to getting a Kusari Dessie...
This was sparked by 'Sirius Ship Dealers' who repped and built a ship for you, regardless of Faction or ship.
This has now spawned 'indie' Ship dealers, who dont do the job quite a well. Go figure.
Irony. Disco.
Apple. Barrel.
Me. Them.
Dusty Lens. Everyone else.
Worm. Apple.
Tree. Fly.
Apple. Tree.
Stock Exchange. New people.
Humour. SRSNSBZNZ.
PVP. RP.
RP. PVP.
Angst. RP.
Pirate. Trader.
ZOMGs. Frowns
"OORP". Wiki.
Lesbian. Straights.
Furries. Milkmen.
Yup. Disco has it all.

' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42906

Right. I'm about to own a GRN Cruiser... as an Outcast.

:sleep:

Apparently nobody can appreciate the point I'm trying to make by posting ludicrous things in those threads, which is...

Selling high-tech military-grade warships on the open market is just plain OORP. Posts in those threads are by-and-large one-liners with no 'Incoming Transmission' or header showing who's talking. For all we know enemies of whoever is selling the ship could be buying them.

Selling this stuff in a thread which requires yourself to ID yourself? Like a BHG Mako-class battleship being sold within the Guild is RP. Selling it on the open market where any Joe Dick or Harry could buy it? Not so much.

And in response to your PM; I wasn't serious, I don't want your cruiser. Though I should take it and put an OC Guard ID on it just to make a point by getting sanctioned:lol:

(I wasn't serious at that either)

Your point would have been better made by making a bid which could easily be beaten or was less than the auction's starting price.
Ah see what you did thar.
So? Some guy is trying make some cash by selling his ship to a player, who'd pay more for it than the NPCs. And somebody who might buy it does so because he does not like missionwhoring and flying all over the place to get his equipment (and maybe also because it's cheaper). Yes, these auctions are OOC, but so is selling that codename gun from the Wild system (or any other hard-to-reach system), yet nobody's complaining about that. Just ignore it if you don't like it. It's not like it's hurting you (or anybody else for that matter).
Quote:I believe this is a point Bluntpencil has been trying to make for weeks now. QCP was so close to getting a Kusari Dessie...
Yeah, and nobody started noticing before him.:dry:

I give up on trying to get noticed once in a while...
Pages: 1 2