Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: All around new guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I found this server a bit ago, and from what I've read thus far, it looks awesome. I love RP and the thought of doing it in a great game like Freelancer is amazing. Having tried playing a bit ago, I felt a tad out of my element, and maybe a bit confused, as the players I tried to ask for help met me with hostility.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post a few useful chat commands, and share secrets for when and how RP starts around here. I would be very thankful.
Come to Bretonia. Or contact me when you have a character story beginning and maybe we can give you some work.
You can type /help in to see the chat commands.

And RP starts with you.
[Image: uncle-sam.jpg]
Never ever ever ever ever say "lol" in chat it may just be your last words :P

Well all i can say is join a faction they will teach everything you need to know with money wepons ships. or you could try by yourself but it will take ages to get going. one thing if you are looking to be by yourself is going to pitsburg and mining the nearby field for scrap metal and returning it at the planet i persoanlly dont do this but it is very popular.
Get out of Liberty as fast as you can. Then, join a faction.
' Wrote:[color=#FF0000]Get out of Liberty as fast as you can. Then, join a faction.

^ THAT.
Right, chat commands.

There's tonnes of them, so it'd be hard to describe all of them. The most useful commands to know, is /?.

Type that in, or /help, and all the current chat commands will appear. Type the specific command in and the console will elaborate on how it works. I'll use the /givecash command as an example.

Type /givecash into the chat box and, /givecash [name] [cash amount] (or something similar) will appear. This means, to send cash to another character, say Bob for example, you'd type /givecash Bob 100000.

Also, Skype is one of the most useful tools you can possibly possess when dealing with the confusing world of the Discovery community. If you download it, add me as Jammi.08 and I'll probably be able to help out.

Also, joining factions can be benificial. They'll give you a ship and explain how things work. Currently my favorite faction is the Bretonian Buccaneers.
Expect to be engaged at the appropriate level by the types who are meant to. Such as the Xenos. You heard me. When I get back on the server, as I have been trying to for, what, it must be over a year now, stay out of Silverton.

Play fair, stick with the rules, and make a good name for yourself. Above all, have fun, and welcome to the community:)
Thanks for all the great (And very fast) Help! :D

If I could just add one thing, how do you people deal with this lag? :O
Or is it just me? I'm getting 200+ ping on the main server! But I'm guessing this is because I'm in California. If so, dang! But I'll deal with it somehow.
^The same, and my ping usually hovers around 200 with occasional fluctuation but it isn't too bad. Welcome and enjoy your stay! Also many people use skype around here and there is a channel dedicated to helping the new guys around on this server so I'd recommend getting that if you're interested.
Pages: 1 2