Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Yoyo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sup guys? My Names John, and I recently reinstalled Freelancer. Did some looking for a good mod, and thank god I found this thing. Combines RPing, which means literate people, and great gameplay.

So how's Discovery? Can anyone give me a run down on how I should start out?
Join an official faction. Then those players help you learn.

Official military like BAF, RM, LN, or KNF.

Easy to RP, really, compared to some of the shadier ones.
Hello and welcome to discovery!

Listen to dieter. He's very wise...
Out of curiosity, . . Have you played Single Player? . . .

**Edit, Welcome, btw . . I just feel one should play the SP game before getting into MP . . but that's just me**

Welcome.

SP is recommended as it can teach you things which take longer to explain in a MP environment.

Apart from that, you should extremely pressured to join a faction. Without membership to one people here look down upon you.

Either way, good luck finding you way and if you have any problems, feel free to PM either myself, Swift or tazuras. We should be able to help you out.

Have fun.:)
Alright, probably the RM.

Uhh, when I try and launch freelancer with discovery, it goes to desktop and basically crashes without closing the program. What gives?
'sup

Disagreeing with the people above me, you dont have to join an official faction, just do what you want baisically.

As for the crashing, what OS are you running?
Go for the RM. Its a great time.

Here's a few tips:

1. Wait a long, long time until you get a capital ship (i.e Gunboat, Cruiser, Battleship)

2. Join an official faction. You get good, fast.

3. Learn - RP > PvP.

Also, as to your C2D problem, try closing every open program. I find mine crashes as you say when I have Firefox running, especially with Youtube.
I've beaten SP.

I'm running XP Service pack 2, and i tried closing every program down to the same effect. It runs up to the title screen with the discovery reunion poster, then goes black, then goes to desktop and it stays on the taskbar unless I go into task manager and process end it.
' Wrote:I've beaten SP.

I'm running XP Service pack 2, and i tried closing every program down to the same effect. It runs up to the title screen with the discovery reunion poster, then goes black, then goes to desktop and it stays on the taskbar unless I go into task manager and process end it.

Did you activate the mod with Bloom enabled?

(Is your computer capable of handling Bloom?)
Pages: 1 2