Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules of engagement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When flying around Bretonia on typical search/destroy missions, I get to encounter many people, lot of them i could classify as Bretonians (With whom my lil' faction is at war) and presumably fair game - traders mainly.

However.

What if a trader, ID'd/Tagged as a Bretonian corporate employee - Bowex/BMM belongs to some unofficial player faction? Yesterday had just that - the fellow was completely unaware of the whole thing and thoughtit was an act of piracy. In another event - a corporate trader (official faction) pointed out, that my ID prohibits me from attacking his trader. Not sure how right he was, but left him alone to avoid whining anyway.

I'd presume, that war means, that military units of one side should do their utmost to damage the enemy. That being commerce interdiction and engaging military units of that enemy. And vice versa.

So here's my question - who do I treat as enemy during wartime?

Just official plyer factions stated in my ID? Indies too? Or maybe all that in some way pledged their loyalty to my enemy's faction (Just ID, just tag or just ship)?
I assume the lil' faction you're talking about is the CR. Well, it's a pretty delicate situation.

Let's compare this with the RM LN war. Neither of them would shoot an enemy transport, unless it refuses to comply with the orders, of jettisoning the cargo and leaving their space. Yes, that could happen between Bretonia and Kusari as well, buuuut... you're not the KNF.

I don't think a small military structure like the CR would risk so much. One step too far and they might get wiped off the maps of Sirius. Liberty is protective towards Bretonia, and a lot of their transports cross Bretonia. Seeing you attacking fellow BMM/Bowex transports would probably mean game over for you. Liberty is expendable, and I see a lot of CR activity in their territory.

Also, the CR are not privateers. You may attack the BAF and whatever other military forces out there, but messing with the civilian boats would get you in deep trouble.
So I guess no more U-boat warfare for Panzi...
You can always hire pirates and other stuff for this dirty work. Something like Bretonian Privateers.