Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: admin notice: OOC in Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've got complaints about players not fulfilling his / her roles in the game.
Do not abuse the OOC while in the server. Use it on private channels if you want, but not on group / system chats unless it's absolutely necessary.

A good example of OOC:
--OOC: Hey, stop firing please. I got a phone call.

A bad example:
--OOC: Where are you? I want to fight. Tell me where you are. plz.

Remember that this is a RP server. Except on NY and Connecticut, you must RP.
So does this mean no OOC'ing in Group chat? Thank the gods for this decision.

Verginix Out
Good to hear.
Finally...but one quick question...what if say for instance you just happend to see someone docking at a base that they shouldn't be... for example say an SA docked on Mactan or a CCE on FP9 if I said OOC: That is out of RP isn't it? would that be contituted as bad example of OOC?
Tank...You would use the private channel for that one. Especially if you think the person is docked.

If you see them in the process of docking, then Private comm works too. No need to add to the OOC pollution.
I agree, No need to fill system chat with un-nessicary crap like that. Im really glad the admin team has decided to finaly start craking down on this kinda stuff, bit late if you ask me..

Verginix Out
' Wrote:I agree, No need to fill system chat with un-nessicary crap like that. Im really glad the admin team has decided to finaly start craking down on this kinda stuff, bit late if you ask me..

Verginix Out

Better late then never I always say. Yes a very good call by the Admins. Thanks.
I think it is a good idea to enforce the roleplaying rules. However, I would also I like to stress the importance of not chasing new players to the server away simply because they do not know the rules yet. Is it OK for them to be unaware of the rules? Absolutely not. Should everyone on the entire damn server yell at them because they're unaware? Absolutely not. Please treat those noobs with kindness or we will not get any new players in the future.
Asym, people don't go flaming noobs about RP until they repeatedly go out of character after being told they shouldn't. If a noob starts talking OOC in a system, say New Berlin, the longer players aren't going to flame them. They will say that the person needs to talk IC only, and to read rules.

If the person continually goes OOC or makes no attempt at IC, than they will eventually get flamed.
That is the way it should be. Sadly, I've noticed certain players on the server have shorter fuses than that, but hopefully they will improve with time.
Pages: 1 2