Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hidamari Sound Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
UPDATED 23:41pm 28/07/2010

-IMPORTANT-
This sound mod will appear in red within Freelancer Mod Manager, this is normal, click to continue the activation and it works just fine

Latest Version
Version 0.6 Download Found here

Previous version(s)
Version 0.5 Download here

[color=#FFFFFF]0.6 [color=#33CC00]notes, [color=#33CC00]bits
and pieces

-Mine Dropper SFX (Minor fix)
-Cruise Disruptor Launch SFX
-Replaced/Reconverted Missile SFX (hopefully they should work now)
-Countermeasure launch
-User Interface SFX changed (FINALLY:D)
-Changed Nomad Rumble
-Engine Kill and Activation SFX (fighter class only) (feedback on this needed)
-Improved Hegemon Ambience its no longer annoying!:D(game requires music to be active to hear this)
-Modified Thruster SFX
-Photon Weapons SFX improved (Zoner)
-Tachyon Weapons SFX improved (Bretonian)
-Abandon Ship Alarm (Added to explosions of dieing capital ships)

Problems with the mod overall should be fixed for the most part with this version, (since I didnt do it the lazy way) the mod file only contains the files that were changed, not everysingle sound effect in the game, this reduces file size and removed the complexities v0.5 had.

Problems with the missiles (or so help me god) should be fixed now, the effects have been re-converted and changed, so that everything is as freelancer should like it, 22050kbs, 16bit, mono.

Hidamari Sound Mod

I have made the begining of a freelancer sound pack to change the sound effects and music in the game more appealing to me personally, and for anybody else that wants to spice up there audio experiance while still enjoying the discovery mod.

some players may have seen my camera ship flying round and requesting people to fire certain weapon hard points, such as SNAC's and mini razors, as well as a veriety of capital ship weapons.

some of the guns in Disco, dispite there massive damage output just sound terrible, and i have rectified that much to my own delight.

I have increased the audio range on most of the sound effects so that you arent cut off suddenly when you beleive you should still be able to hear things (of course you wouldnt be able to hear anything in space but oh well)

I have ripped sounds from various other games with brilliant results so far.

Edit:
you can now hear entire battles which are often spread over large distances, capital ship battles now sound especially tasty....

This sound mod will appear "not compatable" with Discovery for whatever reason, however I have given it to many people all of which report it works just fine, including my 2 younger brothers and myself.

[color=#FFFF66]Seals of Approval!
[color=#FFCC00]the following players gave this mod their seal of approval and would recommend others to try it
Korny Head, TehNoizeBox, meoshi, Lobster_Lord, Harcourt.Fenton.Mudd, Exile, Nathan (Falcon), Sand_Spider, Bain.J, Zapp!!, Phoenix.Alpha, Mechanist-V.81, Zoey Sakura, Stygian, Harus, Aphil, Saronsen, ikone, Corsairawrawrawr, Valinor, Stunner, Boss, kenzo
RAWR <3

I used the search function xD

Bump, cause I was just watching that video you put on you tube, and I REALLY want this mod!

Anyone help this player out?

(Yes, I know I am suppose to be gone fishing. Disco is addictive. I blame Dab.)
' Wrote:hi hello,

I have made the begining of a freelancer sound pack to change the sound effects and music in the game more appealing to me personally, and for anybody else that wants to spice up there audio experiance while still enjoying the discovery mod.

some players may have seen my camera ship flying round and requesting people to fire certain weapon hard points, such as SNAC's and mini razors, as well as a veriety of capital ship weapons.

some of the guns in Disco, dispite there massive damage output just sound terrible, and i have rectified that much to my own delight.

I have increased the audio range on most of the sound effects so that you arent cut off suddenly when you beleive you should still be able to hear things (of course you wouldnt be able to hear anything in space but oh well)

I have ripped sounds from various other games with brilliant results so far.
as for the music, since this is a role play server, i didnt think that there would be anybody here that hasny played Final Fantasy 7. all the music in my game has been changed by me to acuratley cut and free looping Final Fantasy 7 tracks, using Creative WaveStudio i have properly cut the music and enabled it to loop freely without you noticing the restart.

although it might look cheesy on this forum, the result is acutally pretty damn nice, and I use it when I play

my problem is this.

How do I get it to work with FLMM so that i can distribute it easily and gain feedback.

i want it to be a mod like Discovery, or Speed Mod, wher you can just drag it in and activate it and everything goes to where it needs to be with minimal effort for the user.
thanks.

-Isocrates

You did get permission to redistribute them sound bites you've taken from other games, from the original creators ?

Otherwise you run the risk for lawsuits, since I'm pretty sure neither Square (the development company), nor Nobuo Uematsu (the composer of the soundtrack). would like the original content they created for FF7 distributed for use in other games, without them getting some licensing fee.

A & L Guy
@ A&L

nope. look at the date of the first post, its like a year old now nothing happen yet... so *shrugs* it can be taken away should they express uncomfort

@ Lobsterz0r

skype plox :3
Add me on skype, assuming you're meaning turning it into a FLMM.
I would definitely love this mod. Well, to trial it anyway - the Final Fantasy music would bug the hell out of me after a while, but I digress. I turn the music off anyway. I just want it for the sound effects.

I mean, I jumped into Kyushu on my Privateer and metaphorically shat myself because it sounded like the Hogsha NPCs were firing salvoes of SNACs at me.
bump,

Added Download Link
Edited the description a little
Hmmm lets see what you got here.
Oh, I got it, and its good:P

Kudos to you Hidamari!

I love my new pew pew!
Ye, me likes.

Kudos [Image: emoticon-0139-bow.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21