Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Screen Shaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right, few times already, I've experienced an extremely nasty effect small weapons have on a capital ship's naked hull.

The screen started shaking like there's no tomorrow and targeting became harder by an order of magnitude.

Ok, I understand, that it's many of you will want to burn me for favorizing capital ships, but think about it - should a battleship really shake when as much as a Justice mk I is pewpewing unshielded armor?
screenshake is pretty much a fighter's sole weapon against caps. I thought it was there to let them help out.
I blame it on Albert Einstein...
' Wrote:I blame it on Albert Einstein...
i like the answer.. but it would be best if the weapon damage had effect on how much the cap ship shakes, say 20 hull dmg will shake 100 times lass than 2000 dmg weapon
That's my whole point - regardless wether it's a heavy mortar or a mining laser, it's shaking the same.
' Wrote:That's my whole point - regardless wether it's a heavy mortar or a mining laser, it's shaking the same.
i dont know if it can be done.. but i agree if it can be done it should be done.. makes it more realistic
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the shaking was hard coded into the game physics, and the massive shaking of BSs is a side effect of their massive size and the game engine never being designed for such a large ship.
I actually agree here, even though I'm a fighter person, and dislike caps.. But a battleship shouldn't be shaking as much as a fighter when it's hit. The problem is that the BS' size is so much bigger, the shake changes from a very minor detail to a huge problem. Fighter weapons shouldn't shake the screen for a BS or Destroyer at all. GBs, yes. SNACs should shake the screen, but normal fighter guns shouldn't.

Don't know if this is hardcoded or can be changed.. If it can be changed we should definitely do so.
I would support this change as well, despite the fact that I don't fly any capships. However, I also seem to recall this coming up in the past and people being told it was impossible to 'fix'.

1. get rid of the shake
  2. buff codenames and antimatter cannons to compensate
  3. ???
  4. profit
Pages: 1 2