Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion for next update: Crew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'M not really sure where to put this so I'm sticking it here.

I'd like to see some sort of requirement for all ships above heavy fighters to require crew. There are a lot of reasons for this. The main one is that it does give a lot of role play possibilities.

Think of it this way.. you would be required to have 1 pilot (of your faction) and say 1 spaceship crew for every 100 cargo units of your ship. So those big 5k transports would need at least 1 pilot and 50 crew.

If you are a pirate then police can suggest you drop your pilot to be held for trial or something. If you are lawful then pirates can hold your pilot for ransom.

Lawful's who have their pilots taken would need to engage the services of the navy or mercs to go and retrieve their crew etc etc.

there is alot that could happen with it. And even from a non rp point it makes sense. No way is one pilot flying a battleship or super freighter etc. I know its suggested to carry crew, but not a rule. I'd love to see it put in somehow.

I'd like to see it work like this.
Spaceship crew remain the same. Standard Cargo Units.
Player Pilot would be an item that is like shield bats. You could carry 1 per 500 cargo. They would have a HIGH cost to purchase, can only be purchased from a station / planet of your faction and need a friendly or higher to purchase. They can be ejected etd to fulfill rp stuff.

I don't know how possible this is but maybe even put something in that says your ship can't use cruise engines without at least 1 pilot. I'd say to make the pilot a mountable item but then i don't think you could dismount it to jettison it.. can you jettison mounted items? hmm well if you can then make it a mountable item. if not then like shield bats etc.

but anyhoo that's my idea. I think it would give a neat level to the rp experience.

Any thoughts?

PS again I apologize if this is not the correct forum, I didn't see one for suggestions..
Making crew mandatory would certainly open up some RP possibilities. However, there are certain individuals who believe that cargo space describes... space in the cargo hold! I wouldn't be piloting my ship from the cargo hold, and while some of my crew may be down there, putting all of them there would somewhat defeat the purpose.
' Wrote:Making crew mandatory would certainly open up some RP possibilities. However, there are certain individuals who believe that cargo space describes... space in the cargo hold! I wouldn't be piloting my ship from the cargo hold, and while some of my crew may be down there, putting all of them there would somewhat defeat the purpose.
thats a good point. i support crew in cap ships, but trade ships.. most of them wont show the crew in cargo. (it will show cardamine:P)
And why should I conform to your style of Roleplay? Personally I think one crew member on my ship is worth 100 in the Cargo Bay. I roleplay my crew being on my ships, I don't need some commodity sitting in my hold to symbolise them. That's what my imagination is for, that's what roleplay is for.

You Roleplay your way, and stop trying to stuff your way of doing it down my throat thank you very much. After all, this is a Roleplay server, and it's all about imagination. Mandatory roleplay rules like this is not encouraging Roleplay at all, it's constricting our roleplay further.
[Image: spongebob.jpg]

It's like when you're sitting in English and your teacher says "Okay class, today we're going to do creative writing. But you're not allowed to be creative, you have to write what we tell you."
i pilot a luxury yacht and figure if im showing Passengers and VIP's in the cargo, i mind as well show some crew too.
take up less space then most human cargo too, somehow i fit 15 in 20 units of cargo space, maybe i hired a crew of amputees?
Yeh, I roleplay crew on my big ships. As well as having supplies and stuff in cargo hold, sometimes crew - it is a pain replacing them every time you die.

Making crew manditory would just be a waste of time. Just becasue someone has crew in his/her cargo doesnt mean they would RP with them.

Doing it on trade ships just wastes space.
' Wrote:And why should I conform to your style of Roleplay? Personally I think one crew member on my ship is worth 100 in the Cargo Bay. I roleplay my crew being on my ships, I don't need some commodity sitting in my hold to symbolise them. That's what my imagination is for, that's what roleplay is for.

You Roleplay your way, and stop trying to stuff your way of doing it down my throat thank you very much. After all, this is a Roleplay server, and it's all about imagination. Mandatory roleplay rules like this is not encouraging Roleplay at all, it's constricting our roleplay further.
[Image: spongebob.jpg]

It's like when you're sitting in English and your teacher says "Okay class, today we're going to do creative writing. But you're not allowed to be creative, you have to write what we tell you."
sounds so hostile, i wonder if anyone told you that before:P, i konw what you mean and i agree with the what you say.. but why do you want to be so cruel to the guy?

I believe he is just suggesting it not telling you this is final and you have nothing to say about it.
Yeh, lay off ;)

He is a n00b - 22 posts. (My loljoke)

He has an idea, don't bite his head off.

Quote:Lord Tarl

Startracker Pilot

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,676
I agree to crews on large ships, but I'm not sure there should be a limit or need to reach a certain number. What about robotic crew members?
' Wrote:sounds so hostile, i wonder if anyone told you that before:P, i konw what you mean and i agree with the what you say.. but why do you want to be so cruel to the guy?

I believe he is just suggesting it not telling you this is final and you have nothing to say about it.
whenever someone posts a thread like this (It's not the first time either. People are always trying to tell others how they should RP) it feels like they're trying to stomp on my freedom to roleplay. We already have so many rules, if I sound hostile it's because I am. I'm sure I don't only speak for myself when I say we don't want a manditory rule saying everyone must carry crew members on large ships.

Would you like it if I made a thread asking to remove Crew Members as a commodity because I think it's useless and everyone should roleplay their crew instead of carrying them? Cause that's what I think. But I respect the way you want to Roleplay.

You have the option to do what you want in this situation. Don't remove my option to do what I want.
Pages: 1 2 3