Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lag Caused double sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right, today, I just finished a run from Omega-49 to Kepler with a load of Deuterium.
When I arrived at Ames and went to sell it, my connection to the server lagged, and somehow it registered me as selling it twice.

I went to transfer some of my cash(The extra ten million not part of that) to another character, thinking that the server would realize the error and deduct the cash afterwards, and I got kicked for cheating.

Is there a way for me to get rid of this bugged cash myself, or would an admin have to remove it?

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears to have fixed itself. I logged back in outside the station with the cargo in my hold again, and back to the same amount of cash I had prior to the bug.
Wow, I've heard of double buying but never double selling... That's pretty unique.

Personally if it happened to me, I would have brought the commodities again (That would make you have the same amount of cash as if you'd only sold one load) then launch and destroy the cargo in space or give it to a hapless near-by newbie. But it seems like it all worked out for you in the end.
yea that is a first for me as well, i heard of many bugs related to lag but nothing like this. Nice to hear that it worked out.
and giving cash to new players not always the best idea.. we talked about this once before and we know what it leads to, the time that takes them to earn is hopefully the time to takes them to learn RP.
someone gave me 200 million when i was a new player. and i think i turned out fine.
Ive heard of Walker using lag to put 8 guns on a libby but this is new.
Yeah, its happened. Ive done it before.
good trick for traders lol
It doesn't work though, the console picks it up methinks.
OMG LOL BBQ HAX!!!!!!!!

NOOB HAZ CASH!!!

BAN HIS A*S!!!

On a side note, this has been covered before and you get kicked for cheating if you do it.:)
Once due to lag I was able to buy some gun from a trader that I wouldn't have been allowed normally due to not being friendly enough.
Pages: 1 2