Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Various Thoughts (Rep, Ship Merchant, etc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You have to kill Bounty hunters to be friendly with the Order.

And, there are some of us here who have devoted our time to make sure that the Alliance never forgets...
Quite right Stormhawke.... in fact the Order draws its members from all over Sirius, including Liberty (just look at many uniforms worn by bar-flies on Osiris, in the SP campaign).

I always found it really disconcerting that the Order is still considered the enemy of Liberty and the other houses, even after they saved President Jacobi's bony ass. And the entire galaxy for that matter.

o.
Well, Who else would they fight then, besides nomads. I would make an order character pretty dull, juts being able to shoot nomads. This way, they get to fight liberty people and other things. It also makes flying though aslaska more fun, since the guys are blowing the crap out of everyone else in that system.

Verginix Out
Well yeah there is that, but it still makes for a very weak story point.

o.
If I had to choose plot hole or less enemies of the Order, I'd pick the latter.
Indeed.

I thought of something else. The other House governments reportedly told the Liberty government to give a damn about the Xenos, as apparently otherwise Liberty wouldn't care because they don't attack Liberty shipping outside of the odd Light Arms raid. However, the factions that represent those governments - the House police and militaries - don't care about Xenos. This, in itself, is somewhat of a plot hole. Shouldn't those said 'other House governments' like anyone who shot up Xenos, if this was the case?

This is background that is revealed throughout the game on the Xenos situation. Why, then, doesn't the faction empathy support this?

And, technically, I would see Xenos fighting the Order just for Xenos being proper Terrorists interfering in the peace of the colonies. If there are any other factions who fight other humans for ideals (Terrorists), and not materials (Pirates+Corporations) or the law (Police), then I figure the Order could, potentially, step in to contend with them. If you really want them to have enemies, then make them enemies of [other] real Terrorists.

The Order would be friendly with such factions of revolutionaries as the Bundschuh, Blood Dragons, and probably the Mollys, Unioners... basically that whole alliance of political outcasts in the game that all like eachother. Just as they were in the actual story. And still prefer to avoid confrontations with the House authorities (Neutral or Friendly towards Police/Military). Again, as they tended to do.

An Order character would go into it fully understanding how the Order thinks - knowing that they would not fight anyone except those who threaten the peace of the colonies. If the Order isn't the Order, then what would be the point of someone roleplaying them, if their faction wasn't acting appropriate to how they are in the FreeLancer Universe?
You have a very good point. Sure, the Lib navy may like people who shoot up Xenos. But lets use an example.

If you had a gun, and shot a terrorist, and I were a police officer, and I knew that the person you shot was a terrorist, I would still have to arrest you. Sure, you will most likely get off very easily from court or worst case scenario, get charged with manslaughter, the cops would not like you more.

In fact, they would most likely dislike you more, since now they have another vigiliante running around, killing random baddies. No police organizations like vigilantes. If you formed a vigilante organization, such as the BHG, they would have even more spite towards you.

Notice how the cops don't really like the BHG much? You see them shooting at each other more often then with each other.

Otherwise, you have great points, and you are constructive. Keep it up.
... That's funny, because, statistics-wise, the Bounty Hunters are only slightly friendly with the Police of every House except Kusari, who don't give a f*** about Bounty Hunters. (not slightly disliked- Slighty liked. Yes. The Police are Neutral, leaning towards Friendly, with the BHG)

I don't see them shooting eachother much, if at all.

Stuff you learn in-game reveals that the Police and Militaries are actually not that averse to having help dealing with threats to law and order. There was even one Navy pilot who said he used to be a Bounty Hunter, but, after saving Navy pilot butt again and again, he ended up joining them because they need better pilots.

I'd kinda compare this more to Old West law enforcement, where crime was rampant and Bounty Hunters were an essential part of 'keeping the peace'. Why do you think Liberty has that hoof-clopping music while flying in open space?

And there's still Bounty Hunters today, as well. And they still do good business. It's just there's less of them nowadays. It's like private investigators.

On the matter of killing Xenos... LPI guys say it themselves that it's better to just kill them instead of try to keep them locked up. I'm serious. They think it's safer to kill them and get it over with than to lock them up and possibly have their buddies bust them out again in no time.

EDIT: The ONLY way a fight between two un-hostile groups (EVEN ALLIES/FRIENDLIES) is if a Player intervened that was only friendly with one of them, thus prompting the friendly one to try and shoot up the one that isn't friendly. I've seen it happen. A corporate Transport shot at a JUMP GATE that shot at me. A JUMP GATE! For ME! They liked me enough to piss off the authorities.

EDIT2: It was something like a Bowex or something heading through the Magellan -> Manchester gate. I was like, 'wtf'.

EDIT3: "The so-called 'authorities' are more corrupt than we are!"
Hm.

I have a Kiith Somtaaw Acolyte fighter.

But it doesn't look like one anymore, because somebody mutilated it. X.X

It's one thing to import models as stand-ins, or 'specialty' ships for certain level ranges, but to mutilate them at the same time to be uglier than they were...

Somebody point me to the utilities and files so I can tweak that sucker to look better, and fit better with FL. I'll work on the Homeworld ships and adapt their design to FreeLancer if nobody else will. At the very least, it'll be good practice for me.

(It's main guns... ripped off and made into a horribly-positioned and asymmetrical torpedo launcher... My poor Acolytes... We swarmed many enemies of Kiithid Somtaaw, S'jet, and Paktu together... T.T )
I believe to change the model you would have to first import it from Homeworld into Milkshape (there is no way I have found to import Freelancer models into Milkshape). After getting the model from Homeworld into Milkshape (assuming there is a plugin), you can use Milkshape to adjust the mesh and texture. Afterwards you can use the exporters that can be found at the Lancers Reactor to export out a compatable model for freelancer.

I have not looked for a Homeworld plugin for Milkshape however. An additional program needed will be hard CMP. I suggest picking up a guide on modeling from the Lancers Reactor and using it as a guidline. The main reason for the delay on the models I am working on is getting the textures for them. There is no way I could find to extract the mesh or texture from any freelancer model.

Hope this helps.

Mohr
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7