Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Picking faction/starting location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What do you think? You pick a faction when you start, you're extremely friendly with them, hostile to their enemies, and slightly friendly to their allies, etc... Since players are required to join a faction or go neutral, they can pick neutral if they want. Either way, this makes RP reputation balancing a lot easier. It should come naturally when you join a faction.
I'm pretty sure its not possible
It's possible, but it takes some work out of the game. Some of the stuff I find fun are getting the rep and doing the missions. Just my 2 cents.

Flyer.
Well, it IS possible, but i would mean an Admin going through and messing with all the new chars reps, which would be way too time consuming on a per-char basis.
Phoenix did it automated. When you create a new char, you pick a faction, and you start in that faction's home base.
Well... I'm gonna say what the majority of Discovery would.

"If you want something in the mod, create it, then submit it to the admins! It's a good idea, but don't just propose ideas, do them."

Discovery has spoken...
Well, we COULD have a "starting system", which has a base on it with all the factions bribes ( it'd be have to be a VERY busy bar..), all factions start off as red, you got to get a bribe before you can dock at a Jumpgate to that particular factions home system..?

Thats what they did on this other mod I saw, can't remember it's name though.. Excelcia or something I think..

EDIT: I'm just saying one way in which it IS possible, not much else.
I dunno, I think that part of the fun is, as best said, is doing the missions and working it out how you want it to be.

Also, all faction starting hostile would create some problems once you had the tag you wanted, there will still be alot of holdout hostiles.
Yea, I noticed that I usually spend alot of time setting up a character, and then as soon as I have EVERTHING that character needs, I really don't play them much, because alot of the fun is setting it up. The fun wears of quickly as soon as you get the best item/ship/character in any game.

But, if you like you Idea, do as bestflyer did. Make it, and submit it to the admins!

Verginix Out
Guys, we are talking about what other mods and servers do here ... This is Discovery, low start-up and work
your character rep to the best of your abilities within the confines of the game engine.
Changing the starting reputation system would lose a large part of what this mod is ... This is the original with
massive improvements, not a hyped up illogical vanilla expansion.

Hoodlum
Pages: 1 2 3