Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New NPC factions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Guys, Vanilla Freelancer enhanced mod, and going out to other servers. Not just for our amusement ...
Think very carefully before going down this road. I personally think its a pretty stupid route currently,
and will be lobbying against any changes such as this. I have heard no sound arguements for including
any new factions as these.
Thanks for listening.

Hoodlum
' Wrote:I'm really unsure you guys have ever played FL before. Honestly, this is f*cking stupid, gigantic space creatures? SPACE CRABS?!!?? KRAKEN? WTF? If you want crabs, go to the aquarium. Or watch a johhny depp movie, amounts to the same thing. This is Disco FREELANCER, not Disco Marine Biology.
I have to say Koolmo is right on this. Guys, this entire debate is stupid. Gonna be blunt here. Even the idea of space 'animals' in Freelancer goes beyond ridiculous. This is FREELANCER. As was said by Koolmo, its not Marine Biolancer. I know full well Igiss will never put this into the mod. If you guys think Star Wars ships are non-Freelancer, or having a few of the other ships are, how come you are thinking of adding in giant CRABS and SQUID into the game? Stop this stupid and pointless debate please, for the sake of my sanity.
I on the other hand, am more open minded about the idea.

I agree with Dab and Hood because it will be very hard to implement your idea in a balanced way into the mod and therefore it will become less freelancer-ish. I am not closed to the idea, though i think you might want to make things connected with those Dom Kavosh people rather than an entirely new entity.

We already have the nomads, but it wouldn't hurt to have a few overly powerful artefact weapon platforms floating about in nomad space. Mabey even artefact capital ships (unbuyable of course), but as I said, it will have to be implemented in a very small way, hence being only a very small part of the game, and being rare occurences in space.

I am not in favour of space crab/organism things at the moment, but I will accept it if i see a good chance of it enhancing the mod (in my opinion of course).

NO SPACE CRABS.

Although what's wrong with a Chinese raider faction?
The return of the old owners, eh? I agree, this particular alien race wouldn't screw things up too badly and be definitely more FL-ish than the "squids" as you have called them. But if the Dom Kavosh are to return, they should return in a big way. Perhaps even bigger than the nomads. Oh well, I just wanted to put some more life into FL... (not as squids, please:angry:, because I find transferring something terresrial right into the vacuum utter nonsense)But seeing the response (a bit conservative, but reasonable), I see that indeed continuing what as already begun will do more good. However, if those are to be the Dom kavosh... It may mean far more work than just spawning a few critters around Sirius. The old race would need the same stuff as any other house: its own system(s), ship(s), architecture, etc...A whole new story would have to be ade up to justify their return. And what about the nomads in this situations? will the owners be satisfied with thir guards' service? Will they try to regain what belonged to them? Or perhaps try to get on well with the humans?
What i meant was remenants of tech left behind by the Dom Kavosh when they disappeared like the odd weapon platform...not the whole faction returning. Mabey i should have made that point a bit clearer. oh well.
BACK ON TOPIC!!!! This thread is NOT for the discussion of whatever NPC faction you think is cool...

Read my first post PLEASE
It wasnt mean't to be cool. I don't really like the dom kavosh but i like dyson spheres and the like.

This could be like an extension of the nomads or somthing....it is related to the new NPC faction topic title...
The Xiongnu were a nomadic tribe, living north from china if I remember correctly. The great Wall was built specifically aginst them, since they would raid Cina's northern provinces time and tima agian. Thye were more Mongolians than Chinese...And I have absolutely no Idea if they ever knew there was somthing like Japan. On second thought, the mongolians did try to invade Japan in the middle ages. But not as raiders, but the most powerful army and navy of its time (the European arimies then were like fleas when compared, not to mention the navy) If you want those Xiongny, please go ahead, I have nothing against it, but I think it's a bit historically improbable, that the Xiongnu have something to do with the Japanese.

As for the Dom Kavosh... So, just tiny remains, marks, that they have been here, not just as nomads. Agreed way less work and the same effect.
They don't have anything to do with the Japanese. You're right. That's why they'd be in the Omicrons, on the other side of Sirius.

Speaking of things not being related, the Dom Kavosh aren't related to this topic. NO DOM KAVOSH PLEASE!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12