Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Base Destroy Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm run a Disco 4.82 server on my LAN every weekend, mainly for my friends and I after we got bored with vanilla Freelancer. We decided it would be pretty fun to take on a Base Destroy mission. It was 4 fighters and 1 gunboat against an outpost, so we figured it would be alright. Shortly into attacking the station, we realized that it wasn't outfitted with weapons. Well long story short it was, they were just invisible weapons and they fired invisible ammunition. We took the base out, but I just thought it was pretty wierd.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever run into this, or if this is a known issue?
On a similar topic, I own a train. I didn't mount any cargo pods, as they're purely aesthetic. For some reason it's mostly invisible minus certain polygons and all of the ship lights half the time.
Yes, it is well known that if you are on an outpost destroy mission, they shoot invisible shots at you. You have to be careful against it, especially if you are in a Light fighter cause if you stand still, it can drop your health pretty fast. It was like that in vanilla freelancer as well, so don't worry too my about it.

Verginix Out
I thought the only weapon that made invisible shots was Tizona del Cid :wacko:
' Wrote:On a similar topic, I own a train. I didn't mount any cargo pods, as they're purely aesthetic. For some reason it's mostly invisible minus certain polygons and all of the ship lights half the time.

With regard to the invisible train. I've already seen it... look at http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2464
Thanks alot Verginix, I won't worry about it too much then. I'll just make sure everybody knows that it's always been like that.