Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Quandry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Discovery community!

Now, I don't do much posting like this... in fact, this is may first time doing so... so please, be both gentle and kind. After all, that's all I can ask.

Well, that and this next question.

I have just recently created my Ambassador character in game. The [KND]_deLuna. Now, I decided on a Kusari Destroyer because of the RP already written in the Veranda Incognita. However, I also believe that it is essential to my character to have a neutral ID.

Well now! This goes against server/ID rules! A Destroyer cannot have a Neutral ID. And I can't go against either past RP or server rules. Therefore!

Would it be within acceptable parameters to allow me to have this ID? I mean, she's an Ambassador... kinda necessary to be neutral, no?

Anyways, it's up to the Admins. Someone will say, because they have to (it's in the Big Book of Rules of Online Communities), that a post like this has already been used. However, that may be, but I'm almost positive that the answer given will not fit my question.

If you feel the need to post, which I heartily encourage, please do not say something silly. Or worthless. What is a worthless post? I'm not allowed to say (stupid Cease and Desist...).

Anyways! Can I? Huh, huh? Can I have a neutral ID on my sparkly new Kusari Destroyer?
I think that you should be able to have a neutral ID on a destroy with minimal offensive capability.
Well, I think that perhaps, if you strip most of the guns off, it could be allowed, as long as the ship is still tagged KNF. I think that as long as you make it clear to everyone you meet that you're an ambassador, thet you could still use the KNF ID. the problem with the neutral is that noone is allowed to shoot you, even if their RP would dictate that they should. For example, Mcintosh would certainly try to shoot your ship down, regardless of ambasadors status.
If I'm not going to have a neutral ID, I certainly won't be doing something with one gun.

I mean, I may be an Ambassador, but I'm not the captain - that's a military man.

And I have a slight question: shouldn't an ambassador have higher-than-usual security? I mean, we can't have her dying on use, can we?

That's just a counter-argument.
True enough, but if you were to have a full gun rating, I think you might as well get the KNF ID too. If you do get the neutral ID, noone is allowed to shoot at you anyways, so the only need for guns is against NPC's, who you hopefully wouldn't be shooting too many of anyways.
Its more reasonable to put a ambassador in a armored transport. As he will be using a neutral ID, nobody will attack him.
A destroyer is a military ship. Ambassadors are civilians.
It appears that deLuna-san has found a very hard pea under her Diplomatic mattress.

Yes, the Ambassador is in a sense a "civilian", but a very connected, very high-ranking civilian who has the ear of the Kusari Shogunate, the Corporate Kieretsu, and the Kusari Navy. It would be demeaning for her to be assigned an Armored Transport.

I have three possible options.

a) Civilian/Neutral. You could "downgrade" the Destroyer to a Gunboat, thereby becoming eligible for the "Neutral" ID status. Hire some nice Farmers Alliance boys to crew, and borrow their rep.

b) Military/Liason. Tell your Admiral, or at least a Commander, I assume, to prepare for any event (ala Mcintosh..). Full KNF ID and Rep. Full weps for defense if needed.

3) Madam, you are a "Trader of Ideas". A generic "Trader" ID would make you susceptible to Pirate attack, which could either be deflected politically, or by judicious use of missiles and flak. I am not sure about ship classes allowed for this Id. Perhaps it wouldn't fly for that reason.

I personally do not care what ID you mount. I know who you are, and what and who you represent. The first idiot to shoot at you, including your potential "enemies", will probably hear from more than just the Kusari Navy in response.

Regards,
The Fishin' Fool
Well... Ambassadors are prime terrorist targets. Killing one of them would be a great ach-... Er... Loss for Kusari. Neutral ID wouldn't be fair to the terrorists trying to keep the war (and near-wars) going for as long as possible.
Yea, think of us belligerent bast- I mean, longterm roleplay types. I would go with a full mil ID, tag, and crew, but announce it whenever you enter a system that you're the official whatchamacallit for the KNF.
I'm pretty sure that Harlequinn could easily incorporate Fiona having even the Phantom ID into the currently written story.
So what's this all about?

Uh oh, have I just posted a worthless or a silly post? I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself...hehe :wacko:
Pages: 1 2 3