Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: VIPs in Mining ships/BW Transports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello Pilots.

I have question for You, because lately I have enough players who are flying with ships they should't fly (according to IDs and RP rules) and transporting various "things" in cargo holds.

Lately I've met two mining ships transporting in their cargo holds about 550 VIPs , and one Dromedary with the same "cargo". As far as I know, people are available to transport only for ships which are adapted to such things (Luxury Liners etc). But to keep them in cargo hold, Isn't it a little bit odd ? Got some ss to prove that, but for now just tell me is it acc to rules.

PS. Miners claimed that they are taking those VIPs to conference.
I have seen the same thing.
Although it upsets me a good way to RP it would be if they wanted it to be a secret and to hide them from enemys.
But to do it on a routine basis, thats just wanting to earn cash and not caring about RP.

I am mostly doing trades at the moment and I also try to find a good profitable route with decent RP. I know its not easy, but some people just don't even try.

At least that what I think ...
It is completelly within the rules , although it is a bit silly. Then again , alot of people travel with cargo that their ships shouldnt be able to transport
It's very much OoRP - right up there with Luxury Liners full of Engine Components.

I ran into someone with that cargo load last night. I attempted to RP with him - but all I got back was static.
not against the rules, but not encouraged.

also, what kind of VIP would trust their lives to a mining ship?
They're mining company executives taking a novel cruise on one of their corporate workhorses, of course!

You can RP out most scenarios if you use your head a bit.
One of the problems here is the lack of good "people" routes, liner owners often have to take other cargoes somewhere else to make a profit after they'd dropped off whatever people they were carrying. Liners carrying oorp cargo because they really don't have much other option is something, right now, I think we have to live with.

Transports carrying people on the other hand is a different matter entirely. Leaving freighters out of the argument, they have a hard enough time as it is, and only one is ever actually described as "podded", there should be some RP common sense applied to the carrying of people.

My personal views

Slaves belong in slave ships (prison liners, slave liners, other ships designed to carry people. I'd like to see a midsized alternative to the Yacht/Kusari Yacht as those seem more RP ships than real working transports, but failing that, anything 3600 that isn't obviously podded would alsso work.

Passengers/Tourists/Vips etc.. As above, but Lux/Royals rather than Prisons/Slaves.

Prisoners.. As above, but just the Prison in the liner category.

The two exceptions in my view are scientists and refugees.

There are a number of short scientist runs, Sigma 19 gate site to Ishehara for example, that are useful as fill ins on trading routes. Viewing scientists as corp employees, they can be stuck on whatever turns up to get them

Refugees, well, they'd be happy to hitch a ride on whatever will take them particularly given that there isn't a single pure human cargo run involving refugees that I've found.
if i see orbital spa and cruise hauling engines he's fair game
' Wrote:One of the problems here is the lack of good "people" routes, liner owners often have to take other cargoes somewhere else to make a profit after they'd dropped off whatever people they were carrying. Liners carrying oorp cargo because they really don't have much other option is something, right now, I think we have to live with.

Transports carrying people on the other hand is a different matter entirely. Leaving freighters out of the argument, they have a hard enough time as it is, and only one is ever actually described as "podded", there should be some RP common sense applied to the carrying of people.

My personal views

Slaves belong in slave ships (prison liners, slave liners, other ships designed to carry people. I'd like to see a midsized alternative to the Yacht/Kusari Yacht as those seem more RP ships than real working transports, but failing that, anything 3600 that isn't obviously podded would alsso work.

Passengers/Tourists/Vips etc.. As above, but Lux/Royals rather than Prisons/Slaves.

Prisoners.. As above, but just the Prison in the liner category.

The two exceptions in my view are scientists and refugees.

There are a number of short scientist runs, Sigma 19 gate site to Ishehara for example, that are useful as fill ins on trading routes. Viewing scientists as corp employees, they can be stuck on whatever turns up to get them

Refugees, well, they'd be happy to hitch a ride on whatever will take them particularly given that there isn't a single pure human cargo run involving refugees that I've found.

You're telling me that Refugees will voluntarily crowd on to whatever ship they can, while Slaves, who are generally viewed as being forced, will be so picky as to "refuse" transportation on any ship not specifically designed for human cargo?

I think not.
Just to point something out - people don't travel -in- Liners, they travel -to- them. Which kinda makes flying one pointless... Anyway I see no problem with human cargo being hauled in normal transports, so long as they have internal cargo bays. Hauling people in ships with cargo pods is plain wrong, so that's the Train and Cargo Transport lines.

Mining ships are a little odd though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4