Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Anti-Nomad Missions for BH, Zoners and Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
My first poll. I think.

I got to thinking that it would be a nice change of pace to be able to take missions against the true enemies of mankind, instead of always opting out to blow up some fellow human beings.

If you want to participate in this poll, please state the reasoning behind your choice.

And please, do not highjack the thread.
Big yes. The more interesting and varied the game the better. Would be nice to see missions involving the capture of unusual artifacts rather than shooting Diego Corsair and Osiris-flying friends (the npc's that is, not the human morons).
as far as i remember, we dicussed it - and decided against adding anti-nomad missions ( at least for zoners )

not sure about bhg and the order though. zoners are still regarded as a mostly trading faction with a mostly neutral standing ( at least i think that this was the pov of the mod creator..... , not necessarily some players in the recent past on the public forum ) - so they shouldn t have high risk missions against the scourge of mankind.

the BHG and the order might get such missions - but it could also inspire "less respect" for the nomads - as when you kill them in the dozen or more, they decline from being tough to just regular NPCs that happen to be blue.
I think some anti-nomad missions assigned to the Zoners would be a good idea, simple though, defense of FP11 in Delta for instance seems logical.

However missions against Nomads for both the Order and the BHG is simply a given in my eyes.
Yes,

I voted all, but I don't think zoners should have them.

It will make getting guard rep too easy:P
zoner missions for a guard status against nomads would be a necessity.... if we unhooked the GUARD reputations from bribes. ( a tripple / quad bribe is all you need for a guard status - so it cannot become any easier anyway )

but igiss already say "no" to zoner missions against nomads at the last time. - times change though - and so does the dev teams attitude.

right now it feels that guard status is too easy to achive in general. - what was meant to be an achievement became a trivial annoyance without any dedication to the faction. - so maybe that can change, too... and in order to gain a reputation without bribes - one must have missions. - from that pov, zoners would need missions against nomads.

[ or in recent event - missions against certain factions - IF they had npcs:laugh:]
Considering how long it takes to guard rep some characters, I don't think the system was a complete failure. But it is certainly painstaking and annoying.
Always wanted this. Was dissapointed when I first started playing the mod and there were none so YES.
' Wrote:as far as i remember, we dicussed it - and decided against adding anti-nomad missions ( at least for zoners )

not sure about bhg and the order though. zoners are still regarded as a mostly trading faction with a mostly neutral standing ( at least i think that this was the pov of the mod creator..... , not necessarily some players in the recent past on the public forum ) - so they shouldn t have high risk missions against the scourge of mankind.

the BHG and the order might get such missions - but it could also inspire "less respect" for the nomads - as when you kill them in the dozen or more, they decline from being tough to just regular NPCs that happen to be blue.

The "less respect" factor did occur to me when I tried to think about this matter from different perspectives. The routine killing of Nomads could make them less unique, less mysterious in some players' eyes.

Ok, the Nomads are a scary, face-eating bunch of xenoforms bent on the destruction of humanity, but I don't see a weighty reason to have them excluded from missions. As a concession, the price of Nomad tissues (brains) could be lowered, to discourage npc farming. And Missions would be very difficult indeed, with the whole gambit of vessel types to face: gunboats, bombers, fighters, cruisers and even battleships.

The Zoner question: I think it highly plausible that Zoners could offer Nomad missions out of FP 11. It would be in their interest to do so. On at least two fronts: economical and strategic. They have the funds to finance bounties on Nomads, nor will killing xenoforms compromise their political dealings with other factions.

Right now, I'm thinking that Nomad missions would be offered on three stations: FP 11 (Zoners), Dabadouru (Bounty Hunters) and Battleship Isis (Order).

Edit: Doesn't some faction offer missions against the Wilde? Is it the Junkers in Sigma-13? So if that's the case, why not have Nomad missions?
' Wrote:Yes,

I voted all, but I don't think zoners should have them.

It will make getting guard rep too easy:P

Now I'm going to violate my own request (highjacking) and answer Reavengitair:$

Currently, getting a Zoner Guard rep is an incredibly oorp affair. At least if you want one within a reasonable time frame. For example, I killed a boatload of GMG npcs (Zoner allies!) until the normal Zoner rep was nearly hostile. Then I went for a double Zoner bribe on a FP and voil? - Zoner Guard rep. Incredibly oorp, but necessary to get the guard rep.

Now if the Zoner (and Zoner Guard) rep could be earned with valid, rp missions, I would see that as a step in the right direction.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6