Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Writer's Journey.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello one, hello all. My name is Brovo (duhh) and I like to Roleplay (obviously) I also enjoy Freelancer (You could have never figured that out on your own right) and I'm also sarcastic a lot. (Figured that out yet?)

I haven't played Freelancer in a couple years now, but I figure I'd pick up the copy I have and play again. I used to be a rather excellent pilot, taking on level 7-10 Liberty Rogues in anywhere between 4-6 Bloodhounds with just my starting ship and a couple of Lavablades. I've also been Roleplaying on and off for about nine years now. Some of it on forums, and some of it on pen and paper. I also did a little dabbling in Warcraft III but found the community rather disappointing.. I don't know, having everyone 1337 speak was quite.. Dissatisfying.

When I do Roleplay I prefer to take the route of neutrality until I get my feet out of the water and onto dry land. So as it stands I'll likely be a literal Freelancer or Trader until I get a good idea of who is who and decide if I should pick a side. My character on the server is also named Brovo. Why? Because it actually kind of fits. I thought I might throw in FightForever as a callsign instead, but I decided against that because people might assume that I'm a warmonger at that point. I don't like blowing people up: I just like getting payed afterwords.

Hope to be welcome here.
Welcome to the server! Be sure you read the Holy Book! Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the Disco Help chat in Skype!

Last but not least....

Have fun!
Welcome to Discovery. Just so that you know, the rules are very important, and if you break them you can lose credits and cargo or be banned for a time (although the admin team have been giving warnings more often for first offences). Also, it will help to take a look at the house laws. You can't be sanctioned for breaking these, but the police, militaries and bounty hunters may hunt you down. Anyone with a [The_Angels] tag on their name is there to answer any nooby questions you might have, and several other people including me will respond to ooRP PMs sent to us whether in game or on the forums (although if I don't answer in game, I'm probably in combat and will get back to you later).

Another way to get help with your problems is the Discovery newbie skype channel, which is run by Tazuras, and a link can be found in one of the sticky posts on the forum.

It's nice to know that you've already had some RP experience, and that should help you find your way around. Judging by what you said about neutrality and liking to get paid for shooting people, I'd suggest becoming a mercenary. There is a bounty board on the forums, so you can get quite nice amounts of credits just for outfighting another player, since just about every faction has a bounty on their head, and a mercenary can sell his services to any faction. However, if you get a reputation for working against a certain faction, you may have bounties placed by them on your head, so be careful.

On the subject of characters, you can have up to 5 per account, unlimited accounts, and you can move cash between them using the /givecash command (e.g. /givecash Rex.Mullins 100000). This works for moving cash between any characters, and they don't have to be owned by you.

Good luck out there, and remember, big doesn't always mean best.
Important to note that no one is truly neutral............
It should also be noted that while there is no one truly neutral, nobody has truly picked a side until they've made their choices and done their actions for that side.:secret:
Zoners are Neutral enough...

Or beg and beg for a neutral ID... which is pretty much Angel and Camera only...
Zoners are nuetal to all humans- not keepers, terrorists, or phantoms.

Anyways, welcome to the insanity!

Welcome

[recruit]

Join the LR-, we are so neutral, noone is left to be friendly or hostile *lock and loads a shotgun shell*

[/recruit]

But also stay away from factions for the first two months till you find yourself a place to settle down, I suggest staying away from popular spots like Liberty, Outcasts and Corsairs and rather wandering around places like Rheinland and Kusari.

Haha. Well I'll probably join one of the police forces or military forces first to be honest. Then I'll make a second character just for the pirates. That way I can flip back and forth depending on my mood. But I figure more people will like me if I'm a non-pirate, so it would be best to start off there and move up accordingly.:smile2:
Make sure to find the place where you belong.;)I know, this sounds like pathetic gibberish, but for me it helped. Try out different factions as an independent, try to find out about the various houses and find your place.

Welcome anyways!
Pages: 1 2