Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bombers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
BOmber fighter is fine, And bombers do what they are suposed to do,AKA, KILL CAPS!

LF's TEAR a bomber a new one
Just a quick thing.

The Bomber-class vessel is the single most skill demanding type of vessel. If you think about it, it really is.

And being skilled should be rewarding.
Think about it, if you still pwn fighters with your new 400m/s guns + SN, you'll get even more glory:)I know you'll probably one of those who will manage that...
Reducing the firing ark isn't gonna reduce capability of a Bombers VS Fighters (seeing as they need to be right in front of the enemy fighter anyways. However it seemed to have gotten easier to knock of the shield of a cruiser than on 4.84 (I think they boosted the SNAC's power didn't they?)

On another note maybe the guy didn't see the other five threads (I know I don't have time to search through the threads like I used to see how I work). I think just pointing him to a thread discussing this is quite enough. no need to for five of you to tell him to get the **** out, I understand the SNAC's sights is small but your eyes aren't, if you're really that annoyed just look the other way. You treat the topic with such low regard I don't think you need to argue, considering half the forum's reaction to it and threads like it, I doubt it's gonna threaten the stats of the bombers in .86. just riding the bandwagon express over here.
Just drop the whining about how bombers are "apparently" overpowered.

Jeez..
' Wrote:Of course, we could just make all bombers like the waran and stop everyone complaining.
You mean, make them awesome? xD

Seriously people, Sindy SNACs Liberators in a Barghest. There's no amount of nerfing you can do that will ever stop people from SNACing other fighters without seriously harming their anti-cap abilities. Nerfing something beyond the point where it can't preform it's intended task to stop it from preforming an uninteded task just isn't going to happen.

EDIT:
' Wrote:bombers only manage to kill VHF pilots who are stupid enough to joust them without shields and fly into the bomber's supernova shot.
I find it ironic that anyone who jousts a bomber with no shield is stupid, but anyone who doesn't is a shield camper.
Ohlul, another bomber nerfplox.

My track record is 6 fighter SNAC's outside of practice, all but one of them idiots who jousted down my barrels and didn't strafe. I've also been SNAC'd at least 11 times, but I don't tend to keep track of my deaths, and I havn't been hit by one for months. Know why? I'm intelligent enough to learn from previous experience. Show that you're a human and do the same, or try it out for yourself. The day that somebody with any skill with a SNAC complains it's too powerful will be the day that something's wrong with it. Until then, stop adding to the already numerous nerfplox threads. Really, run a forum search. It's ridiculous how many are directed at bombers.
And once more, everyone is comparing 1 bomber vs 1 fighter. That is not what this is about.

Take a fleet battle that has 4 fighters and a battleship on one side, and 4 bombers on the other side. It's the fighter's job to protect their battleship, but with how things are balanced right now, the fighters will NEVER be able to take out those 4 bombers before their battleship is destroyed.

Fighters are designed to take down bombers, and in one versus one situations they can do that over an extended period of time, given proper piloting skills and loadout. However, they fail miserably at how quickly they can take down enemy bombers, and that means they fail even more miserably at their job of protecting larger capships against those bombers.

1vs1 between the two isnt an issue, fleet battles are, and let's face it... this is a multiplayer game with fleet battles occuring almost every day on the server.

If a group of fighters cannot take out a group of bombers before those bombers can take out a battleship, there's no point in having fighters in the first place.

So, we need to:

1. Increase Fighter Power Cores, not to the point of being able to fire supernovas or even novas, but to the point of being able to fire 4-6 class 9/10 weapons for more than 10 seconds at a time.

2. Reduce Bomber armor to be equivalent to Fighters of similar size. Larger bombers can keep heavy armor and freighter shields, but the small bombers need to be cut down to 10-13K armor, from the 20k or higher they currently have.

3. Seperate bomber and fighter weapons. Fighters need weapons that have a high enough projectile speed to hit a dodging target without being an ace gunner. Part of the reason why fighters cannot defend caps against bombers right now is because they simply cant hit a dodging bomber, and any half-decent bomber pilot only needs half a second of aiming time to land a supernova or nova shot against a cap. Thing is, we cant allow these high-speed weapons to get into the hands of bomber pilots, or it will once more imbalance fighter vs bomber combat.

1. You're an idiot if you're holding the trigger down for ten seconds at a time anyway. All that would to would be to make it easier for fighters to down capships.
2. Bombers would get shredded by capship weapons. A single salvo can already tear them to pieces.
3. Try the mini-razor.
' Wrote:Fighters are designed to take down bombers,
Well, Fighters were designed to take down other fighters. Fighters existed before Bombers, remember? They weren't rebalanced to this role after Bombers were introduced.

Quote:1. Increase Fighter Power Cores, not to the point of being able to fire supernovas or even novas, but to the point of being able to fire 4-6 class 9/10 weapons for more than 10 seconds at a time.
This would be nice, power cores should improve over time to be more efficent. It wouldn't change 1v1 combat much, because power barely plays a part in that, but when you're chasing an enemy your power drains too quickly to keep the heat on.

Quote:2. Reduce Bomber armor to be equivalent to Fighters of similar size. Larger bombers can keep heavy armor and freighter shields, but the small bombers need to be cut down to 10-13K armor, from the 20k or higher they currently have.
Nah, this won't change anything but anti-cap abilities. Namely, anti-GB abilities. In a cap ship engagement, bombers barely get scratched, even if there are fighters on their tail. Reducing armour won't make it easier for a Fighter to kill a bomber in any situation other than a 1v1 or an engagement that includes no capital ships.

Quote:3. Seperate bomber and fighter weapons. Fighters need weapons that have a high enough projectile speed to hit a dodging target without being an ace gunner. Part of the reason why fighters cannot defend caps against bombers right now is because they simply cant hit a dodging bomber, and any half-decent bomber pilot only needs half a second of aiming time to land a supernova or nova shot against a cap. Thing is, we cant allow these high-speed weapons to get into the hands of bomber pilots, or it will once more imbalance fighter vs bomber combat.
It's been suggested in the past. One thing that was suggested was to change all the Bombers gun hardpoints to class 6 turrets. Or maybe we should make them class 10 only, that would work too, if we kept Codes the way they are now and buffed class 9 weapons speed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14