Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A reprint from 05
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So while lurking around the crypts I found DIS

Quote: Sep 4 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #1
Dan-01

Starflier Pilot
Group: Members
Member No.: 82

It seems to me that the prison ships and luxury liners in this mod could use some improvement. I think that they should be modified to be able to carry more of their respective specialized cargo than even the large train. Even if there is no way to enable them to carry more of a specific type of cargo, there is a way to make them able to mount special modular equipment.

Lets say you could make a piece of gear that can only be mounted by a prison ship, lets call that piece of equipment a "cell block" that supposedly contains "x" amount of prisoners, and is proportionately worth "x" amount of money. Then that "cell block" could be buyable for a very cheap price in the same place, and proportionately the same price as ordinary prisoner cargo; and transported to a place where prisoners are sold for tons of money. Thus making it worthwhile to have the prison and luxury liners in the game since it would actually be possible to make reasonable money with them.

To make it really worth while the prices should be worked out to allow for more profit transporting prisoners/VIP's respectively than would be possible for a large train; say at least 250% or more profitable, to compensate for the trains capacity to make big bucks on the return trip.

Lets say, if a large train could make $14 mill on a certain round trip transporting VIP's and another type of cargo, (on the return trip) it should be possible to make $16-20 mill on a single one way voyage with a luxury liner transporting these modular VIP transport units.

That way you might actually see people doing cargo runs with prison ships/luxury liners as there would be more to them than just a novelty that has no particular use at all.

Incidentally, it would be necessary to assign a specific cargo value to any such modular units, to prevent anybody from buying/mounting a few on their ship, then dismounting them only to buy more, and ending up with like 80 of them in their cargo bays in the case that they were not assigned a cargo unit value.

Yours truly, Dan.

THis was turnd down, because this was 4.75, when Liners were Cruisers.
Idea is property of author, ILl get somone to mod this if it is needed
Its... not actually a bad idea.
yes. please.

also, i understand eppy now. liners are under powered.

*mutters about needing 2001 posts*
Quote:*mutters about needing 2001 posts*

*facepalm*

Don't worry. I struggled with this too.
THis was also his ONLY post.....Odd..... He was shot down by igiss personaly tho.............
Eppy Post?
EDIT: Liners had BS shields, Cruiser and GB turrets, Massive cargo..... They were the Gebs Of their day
Well then they would be useful.

Just don't give them too many turrets. And nerf their agility.
I really like this idea, pity the guy isn't still around though.
As an OSC captain, I would love. LOVE. ELL OH VEE EEE to see a Liner buff.

Fun fact: <strike>It's my main trader. </strike> Only trader.
Bump., Needs more feedbank
For my own better understanding:

Is this thing, the "cell block" like a commodity or something that allows you to store more cargo then you would be able to without?
Pages: 1 2