Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion to improve forum organisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Roleplaying section of the board tends to get a bit congested with all different kinds of threads, from character descriptions to news reports.
Having additional subsections for different groups might make it more readable.

Due to the variation in factions, rather than having subsections for each faction, I would suggest subsections for each major group of factions.
Perhaps a section for each of the major houses, one for the border worlds, another for traders, one for pirates and terrorists.

The idea would be that character RP threads and message dumps could be moved away from the main RP section. This would make it easier to find event and news type threads, without unneeded clutter.
The general idea of this was brought out, with just dumps per faction, but I have a few qualms with even with the removal of some of these.

First off, the addition of subforums may make the board less confusing as a whole, but it usually means having to keep switching forums to find information on different channels. Personally, I think that it would be a nuisance to have to keep switching back, and to have to look through all of those subforums, in addition to the ones we have now.

However, this isn't necessarily a bad idea. I think that if we limit even further to four subforums, then it may work pretty well. I personally believe that if we did it per faction or type of faction, we would easily get to 6 or 7 subforums just on factions. I think that a good idea would be to limit it all to subforums total, as follow:

faction-specific (i.e., message dumps, important notices and announcements, etc.), which includes every single faction.

Character-specific (i.e., biographies, important character-based notices and announcements, etc.)

Major RP-specific (i.e., News Reports, non-specific announcements, etc.)

Miscellaneous

Hype
Good point Hype.
It could almost be reduced down further.
Could have a subsection for meeting places, character descriptions and story type threads(things that don't directly affect gameplay on the server).
Just keep the main section for message dumps, news and events that directly affect gameplay on the server maybe?

It just seems a bit disorganised and congested in the RP section. To easy to overlook important threads.
I like Hyperwaves Suggestion, those four differnt sub forums could work really well. What I like about these forusm is that they are really basic anmd you can find what you need really quickly. Some of the toehr forums out there have lsit after list after list of differnt forums and it gets really confusing. Something Like this would not be too extreme and could help make the forusm a better place to veiw.

Verginix Out
Subforums added, feedback needed on what's correct/wrong about them.

Seems that we need more moderators for RP section of the forum. Anyone interested?
I could do it, I'd probably have the time for it. Maybe people could apply, and we'd have a vote?

Thank you Igiss.:)
Oh well... guess I should apply, I was next in line to enter the Discoverygard as Korrd put it... count me in.
I'll apply, Igiss. Been wonderin' what good I am to this community. Besides that, it gives me a reason to read all the RP threads! ;D

Another possible suggestion for subforum:

"Member's Only" Establishments.

ie.

Ship Inn, Newark (IND, guests)
Trader's Bar, Manhattan (old IND digs, left for all traders if desired.)
Brotherhood Pub, (not sure the name, sorry.
Perfect Blossom (KNF/IND/guests)

I'm sure I've missed which may not be getting much traffic.

Perhaps it will help business, heh.

Pages: 1 2 3 4