Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Barghest set up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whats everyone think is the best setup to go with to be ready for just about any type of fight in a Barghest?
All debilitators, with a super nova, nova, and train cruise disrupter works well for caps and pirating. There is no best setup. In a bomber, all you can be prepared for are anti-cap fights, fighters will rape you.
4 sammaels or codes (codes probably better)
2 sammael turrets (doesnt really matter too much)
1 MR
1 SNAC
1 TCD

The one thing is, you must always remember to use the MR-SNAC combo when jousting, as you will probably only get a few jousts agaisnt fighters and most other bombers. But if you get into a dog-fight, sammaels or codes will serve you MUCH better than imp debs, as you dont need to joust the enemy to kill them.
Well, in a Barghest, you can't go wrong with 4 stock guns (Sammeals or Trefoils most often), a Mini Razor, a Supernova Antimatter Cannon, and a Train Cruise Disruptor.

However, with adding a Nova Torpedo Launcher instead of a Mini Razor, you boost your effectiveness vs Caps a great deal. The con to this is that Sammeals aren't the best against shields. In such a case, you might do better to get some low powered codes or Debilitators. Ammo is quite expensive as well.

You can only replace the Mini Razor with a Sunslayer Torpedo Launcher, you can tear the equipment off of any ship you hit head-on, but, again, this is really taste. The bad side of this is that it's harder to aim or hit with and this makes it less effective vs Transports. It also takes up ammo, which could be bad.
What codes would everyone suggest to have?
PHEONIX
I am partial to 3.03 refire Codenamess, of which I would suggest:

JADE
SILVERFIRE
HAMMERFALL
DELUSION

DELUSION being the prettiest gun in the game. :ylove:

But, these are all low power for damaging transport and lower shields while your powerplant recharges. If you'd like to take a risk and not recharge plant while firing, some of the more high powered codes might be better.
' Wrote:PHEONIX

Phoenix is fail, look at its stats and compare it to faction guns of the same refire.

I would suggest either some of the strong 2.00's (archangel, heimdall, exaclibur, thors hammer, iron hammer etc.), or a strong 3.03 (twilight, prometheus, lazurite, delusion, kintano etc.).
' Wrote:All debilitators, with a super nova, nova, and train cruise disrupter works well for caps and pirating. There is no best setup. In a bomber, all you can be prepared for are anti-cap fights, fighters will rape you.

/signed

Don't dual SNACs, It's a fail...
' Wrote:Phoenix is fail, look at its stats and compare it to faction guns of the same refire.
I would suggest either some of the strong 2.00's (archangel, heimdall, exaclibur, thors hammer, iron hammer etc.), or a strong 3.03 (twilight, prometheus, lazurite, delusion, kintano etc.).

PHEONIX is faction independent and 4.00 refire, so people can enjoy their slightly more energy efficient and slightly less damaging Salamancas without being a Corsair or Corsair ally. Also, they fly 25m/s quicker...

You should go with 4 Imp. Debilitators MK I, Nova Torp, Supernova, and TCD. That is the true anti-cap/anti-transport loadout... and I just love watching the caps go boom.

Edit: Pheonix does actually the same damage as an Adv Splitter, at less energy cost and no projectile type, not to mention how pretty they look.
Pages: 1 2