Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ping has suddenly shot up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As michal is never around, I can't ask him, but my ping is usually around 50 ish. At the moment it's between 300 and 1000.

When I do a tracert I get this:

[Image: Huh.jpg]

Any ideas why I can't get to the server? I can connect through Freelancer, but it lags to hell.

Idea's welcome.

-Seth
I had an identical problem about a week ago. Now, I can't even check if the game is working, but have received the same trace route response: [Image: tracertdisco.jpg]
That's really weird... has that ISP capped us or something? Who is your ISP?

-Seth
Serbian Broad Band.. and no, they shouldn't even be able to cap as at some other node.
And, my first node in tracert is normal when I trace anything. It's the SBB server, probably acting up.

Ping, speedtest.net and everything else works like a charm.

It's that particular place.. metroluzna in chech that has issues.. again.

Any input by somebody more qualified than me?
Weird... I'm trying to rouse Michal, but so far he's not around (Probably asleep).

I'll keep trying.

-Seth
From what I understand, I believe Igiss or one of the other Admins said that the server has been set up to not respond to pings.

This would be why you can't get a response via Tracert.

The best you will get is the ping to the server at the end of the 2nd last hop....

I could, of course, be wrong....:$
The 1st hop is my private server. The 2nd and 3rd are my ISP.

And I always used to be able to ping it...
Because other people are not reporting the same kind of failure, in order of probability:
- something at your end (like a torrent)
- some weird internet thing
- some weird internet thing at the server
- the server

*Me glances at uTorrent that is running*

Uhhh, could that be what's stopping it?

*Closes uTorrent and tries again*
*looks embarrassed*

Yep... that fixed it.
Pages: 1 2 3