Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: experienced bombers i need some help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I use my mouse with my right hand and press keys with Left.... was wondering what a good hotkeys set up would be?
I just reset the Q for my heavy weapons key...I use it for my missiles, minis, and SN....etc
This is my setup:

Q = CD
E = Mine
R = Missile
1-6 = Activate weapon group 1-6

1 = Generally my guns, such as debs.
2 = My Supernova
3 = My Supernova and CM
4 = CM

That's my most generic setup.

If you have your CM turned on it will automatically fire a flare if someone fires a missile at you, which can be helpful in some situations.

Do not have any other weapons turned on with your supernova. FL will average out the two weapons for purposes of the aiming reticule which will cause you massive issues.
I do well with my bomber(s) because of the 8 button mouse I bought and the profile editing software that came with it. It really is cheap to get one.
With the profile software and the options in FL I have it set with weapon groups assigned to buttons on my mouse.
For a bomber my right mouse will fire my forward guns, a thumb button fires my CDs and when I press my mouse wheel down I fire my SNAC. I don't don't need to switch around activating different weapons at a time as my mouse buttons are set to fire pre assigned weapon groups.
Well, this won't work for everyone, of course, but I got a mouse with extra buttons down the side. So I map my SNAC, missiles, etc. to them, and hit them with my right thumb.

So for the purpose of Freelancer, I'd say it's worth it to invest in a gaming mouse.

Well, this won't work for everyone, of course, but I got a mouse with extra buttons down the side. So I map my SNAC, missiles, etc. to them, and hit them with my right thumb.

So for the purpose of Freelancer, I'd say it's worth it to invest in a gaming mouse.
Hey.

This is my bomber key setup I currently use:

Q=CD
W=Strafe Up
S=Strafe Down
A=Strafe Left
D=Strafe Right
`/=Mines
C=CMs

ok now if you use Weapons Groupings it will make things much more easier.

The tutorial for the Groupings is here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...amp;hl=Grouping

Now my groups are:

Group 1: Key E: Supernova
Group 2: Key 1: Shield busters/Hull busters
Group 3: Key 2: Missles
Group 4: Key 3: A different setup for other bombers with 5 guns, which will drain your energy, so I use this group too switch from either 4 guns too 5 guns,
Reducing the Energy output to take down the shield and then increasing for the 5th weapon too help take out the hull.

They're my setups use them if you want.

Btw, If you have a good aim, Try using the Super nova antimatter cannon too kill your targets, Even the fighters/bombers.
it makes fights alot easier in a bomber.

I hope this helps.

seamus.
W = increase speed
S = decrease speed
A/D = strafe
(those are defaults)

Q = Fire Cruise Disruptor
Shift + Q = Fire missiles
Shift + T = Fire torpedo
1 = primary weapons group
2 = supernova cannon group
T/F/H/B strafe up/left/right/down
G engine kill
R/Y Bot/bat
N reverse thrust
Spacebar thruster
D turret view
S mouse control
U tractor beam
E/C Mines/CM (I rarely use either >.>)

For weapons groups, I use the number pad (4/5/6 activate groups 1, 2, and 3; I plan to configure more soon though)

Mousewheel click is fire group 2, which is my Mini/Inferno

Mouse button 4 is fire group 3, which is my SNAC. (On bombers with a SNAC/CD combo, both mouse4 and mouse wheel click fire SNAC)
Me its like 123 for shot groups 123 (Really useful on my BH GS to be configured like that.) and 456 to activate groups 456.

I also switched my wasd keys to strafe in all directions.

The rest needs to be reconfigured since I use default stuff.
I have the following on most of mine

` - Fires weapon group 1 which is usually my Snac
Q - Fires weapons group 2 - On my gunboat it is my missiles on my bomber what is ever in my other torp slot (Inferno/torpedo/CD) whatever, on my fighter it will be my guns that do the shields only and my hull damage guns will be set for the mouse

Left mouse button will fire what ever group I have selected which will be my guns

Tab is thrust and If I do have a paralyser or cannonball etc I set it so the '1' key fires it

This way thrust, snac fire key, missile etc are all right next too each other

Find it works well for me

Grouping of weapons is definetly the way to go

When I first started man I made it difficult for myself. Having to hit button 7 for my snac, no wait its button 6, no crap that my cd...All because I am in a different ship, damn confusing and no good in a fight
Pages: 1 2