Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Apology:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi dude.

Well, the title says it all really.

I'll just explain. You know when I bollacksed you out the other day for "asking questions". I was talking to my wife this morning about some stuff between her and me, and she said something that made me think of you. (geez that would be perfect for the context thread...)

She said she likes to debate just for the fun of it. People can be split into two groups on this topic. Those who love to debate, to play devil's advocate, to ask questions, to "wonder why" and so on. The other group don't like "arguments", are peacemakers, they like people to be in harmony.

I suspect you are the former and I the latter. I saw your "asking questions" as stirring up discontent, as enabling pointing fingers, as doing "what if". These things I despise and see them as unnecessary, pointless, "in the way". I don't like it when people are "arguing", I don't really know how to debate.

I suspect you are more academic than I. I'm more of an artistic mindset, where "you can tell me I'm wrong, but you better have a damned good reason".

After this conversation with my wife, I also realised that I was being unfair to you. Asking questions, and asking what-if's are an important part of life. I'm sorry I came down so hard on you, for just being who you are. I'm sorry that my perception got blinded, for seeing discontent where there was none, and an "argument" when you didn't have that intent.

I do hope that you continue asking questions. Maybe I could learn some things from you?

In anycase. Sorry I beat you with a large stick for no apparent reason. Friends?
uh....very brave posting a public formal apology...i bet he will forgive you
Nothing a Private Message could ever solve.
There was a large stick?

No apoligies are necessary, in fact, I don't think there is a need for any. And comparing me with your wife in the picture is a new simile... or something.

I argue in the name of progress, always room for improvement and I never expect to get full or any support.

While I do like an argument, I don't sstir things for the hell of it, I start an argument with a point. That is a banter in my eyes, and I will back down if there is a good reason. Makes me look a fool, but its a lesson learned.

Life is a big argument to me. You argue with life and people, and you should learn something from each encounter.

Oh and to end it all, no more large sticks, seriously, you could have someone's eye out with that thing!

You never offended me at all, don't think it as such, and nice one for being honest.

Take care, and yes more friends are nice;)
' Wrote:I argue in the name of progress, always room for improvement and I never expect to get full or any support.

While I do like an argument, I don't sstir things for the hell of it, I start an argument with a point. That is a banter in my eyes, and I will back down if there is a good reason. Makes me look a fool, but its a lesson learned.

Life is a big argument to me. You argue with life and people, and you should learn something from each encounter.
Amen
it is nice to see this type of thing. it makes me feel like people care about others.
' Wrote:Nothing a Private Message could ever solve.
My principle is, if I burn someone (or attempt to, "lol") in public, and I turn out to be in the wrong, I should also apologise in public.
' Wrote:it is nice to see this type of thing. it makes me feel like people care about others.
No, you really don't hijack threads like that. No purpose in that post just then. - Agmen
Hah, looks like Verminator just got a sip of his own cup:P
In yellow writing too.

If I were him, i'd pretty much announce my retirement from the internet immediately:P
Pages: 1 2