Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Recent events, Corsair nation, my thoughts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Because I'm making it simple. You can't live off old glory. Noone can. Even factions here by the rules can't live on old glory, when players get low, they have some period to bring stuff back up, or they're gone.

Same with you. Everyone flew around with old glory, noone brought anything around. So I've decided to make it a rule. Unless you have some contract with us, you bring food and you can take artifacts. That's the deal and you'll either like it or you wont, not my problem. Enough people like it so I get things to Crete with those deals.

Also, more and more people are asking about how should they acquire artifacts, and they bring food.

And hey, guess what tenacity, NOONE SMUGGLED BLOOD DIAMONDS AND COMPLAINED then wanted some special treatment. What the hell how are you a friend of a Corsair then you dare to object to Corsairs destroying the damn cargo. That sounds, at best, the damn true junker, not junker, friend of the corsairs. So suck it up and don't flame.
' Wrote:After all of that, the only thing I get in return is "You've never done anything for crete, so we're going to pirate you for 5 mil, blow up your ship, take your cargo, rape your wife, and enslave your kids" from every one of you.

You obviously didn't make much of an impression with your Corsair hosts?

And on a more serious note, chill Tenacity, if not for yourself, then for the children of Discovery. :(
Alright, fine, it's obvious the Sairs have no brains left to share between the lot of them.

Keep throwing your pathetic praetorians at me, I'll keep blowing them up, and I'll be damned if I ever help you sods on... ever again... on any of my characters. I look forward to the next overwhelming outcast raid on Crete, battle of the lolwutters, let's see if the starving jerks or the hallucinating idiots win this time.

Congratulations Ivan, you just turned one more of your long-time allies against the Corsairs, guess now I'll have to start working for those filthy outcasts.
Guess so. Pathetic that "all" of your characters are suddenly wronged because Corsairs didn't want to leave your blood diamonds alone. Shows the skill and rp you offer. Besides, you're on the KOS since Sparta ordered it, so i take it you'll have more time to evade missiles than to trade.
Take your drama to the theater it's not appreciated here.
Regarding "old glory", it's in line with "old mistakes". Stop living up to the glory and you're back to zero. Stop making mistakes and you're also back up to zero. The latter applies to the OPG as far as I'm concerned. It's a new chapter for the faction and as far as I'm concerned since Ivan stepped up to shoulder a big part of the load it's been a good one. So OPG is being active and interacting with you aside from being Mr. Generic Pirate Encountering Neutral Faction Trader? So it turns out Corsairs are real jerks? That should not be a problem.

Me? Call me weird. I like being threatened. I like being told that while I rule my own sandpile, that it's not that big of a sandpile considering the desert all around. I want tension, I want subterfuge, I want conflict. These are the things that make roleplay, and the game interesting.
Sorry, but I made my junker for freedom, and it's not something I'm going to give up willingly.
Then be free and expect bad things to happen in the dark corners of space. It's part of the entertainment.
Tenacity, I believe you need to read wik iagian.

Corsairs have all the material they need for the ship. Crete's mountains has them. And even if the shisp getscraped who holds it to be recycled in rp terms?

Well I'll stay my opinion here. Perhaps its the opputunity to do it:

As long as I play, heh Im started to get sick about some of the players, or player groups who says somethign like "We bring food, you cant touch us, you gonna be harmed badly" and stuff like that. The thing is I don't see those roups bringing anything to corsair antion except the statement by igiss or dev team mentioend that in rp the yare likely to do it.

But we are envolving teh game. We are interacting with it. And even if its written that "they bring food" it dont automaticly turns you into food smuggler if you dont pridice it with your actions. Last take up the last event which happened with junkers. Diplomacy started with food supplies and such, but teh problem is mycharacter doesnt see the supplies to be brought. He sees only hogosha doing it (yes they really go to Crete, and comaprign that I be up there rarely and meet them quite often makes sense of em) and oen indie zoner group PCF, who are bringign food quite often.. And the thing that yoru faction should do, but you choose not to do while playing, means, perhaps your envolving the game into the side then your faction stops their current work.

Now abour OPG-Rats. Yus they are really a problem. But.. agian. Double standart? Thanks Blodo for support, Im gonna state my opinion too. Remeber the days then we got yelled becouse we dont giva crap about Cretes newbies..? Yus? Alright we pick up some newbies risking our own factions name in order to teach them a bit. To turn into something, but what we get?.. Flame?

Another thing. People blames for huge pirating prices. Sorry, but I see pirating a way to gain credits too. I hate trading, I hate rp in smuggelr/ trader, so isnt its better to spent more in chracter I which can interact like full player? And to be pirated for about 15 000 000 form your 70 000 000 million profit is such a huge lost?

Thanks.

Note: Perhaps i should have moved this into opg feedback ..
The 5 million pirate tab is a bit much for some traders. Some people only make 20 million an hour.

I don't see why Junkers are yelling about all this though. It's the Zoners that the Corsairs can do major business with in my eyes.

In the end, I'm going to haul food to Crete if I want to get artifacts back. Simple.
Tenacity: Less forum rage = more progress.

Junkers are not immune from piracy, zoners are not immune from piracy, independent smugglers are not immune from piracy.

I am currently attempting to defend slave and cardamine shipments from some independent outcasts in order to assure the profits of my outcast group. That's not because I trade cardamine or slaves, but because I want the best prices on Malta. A number of traders have agreed to prefer the cardamine grown and processed by the ibn Sinas as a result of defensive actions.

You are not immune to piracy. You are not "free". You are allowed to live at the whim of those who capture you. That's the way of life on the darker side of the coin. If your business associates don't get round to betraying you, the police will be there with a stungun or an electric chair.

It is possible to say that in the -past- you carried food to Crete, but then what is the current incentive for the Corsairs to let you trade prohibited goods? If, for example, you hauled a shipment of food or any of the other commodities Ivan mentioned, on a regular basis (note: not necessarily frequent, just regular) the Corsairs would be more aware of the good you do for their nation.

Or, you could just go help the Outcasts instead. Your choice. I don't mind it.

Enough of the lolwut junker. Moan inRP, betray inRP, carry blood diamonds inRP. Just remember the Corsairs have all the right in the world to pop those red shinies, just as I do to Ivan's Mentira when I catch him with artifacts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4