Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I need a clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well,I was idling and wondering what to do today,I noticed this:

Quote:Can engage bounty hunters, pirates, mercenaries, freelancers and terrorists

That comes straight from the Unione Corse ID.
Now,what I noticed is that the "Lawfuls" is missing here.
I mean,the GRN is in the Corse's enemies,it would be normal for them to engage the Royalists.
So,does that means that the Corse can't engage the Gallic Royal Navy?
I think the Unione Corse situation is supposed to be a little more complex than "cops and robbers"

Quote:A highly organized criminal group that follows traditions of the Corsican mafia of Earth, Union Corse is known for strict secrecy among its members, and access to nearly limitless resources, including support of high-ranked government officials. In recent decades, Corse have increased their expansion in space and established connections with Gallic Brigands and, to a lesser extent, with the Maquis. Despite their close, often personal ties with Brigands, Unione Corse don't trust other pirate groups much and deal with them only out of necessity, in some cases acting as bounty hunters and taking out the most dangerous pirates by request of their government protectors or corporate sponsors.

Faction description. Usually Mafias don't openly preform criminal acts such as shooting police in the open... they tend to be underground criminals operating behind the scene. I'd suggest reading all the rumors and base info cards for the Unione Corse. You'll have to chose a different faction for your every day pew pew.
I think ghost is well aware of the rumours and the info-card ...

The question is still how the Corse are supposed to handle royals? Openly engaging their facilities isn't their way, but what if a naval pilot approaches one of the UC-bases uninvited? Shouldn't they be able to silence him unnoticed?
I myself think the list of enemies in their info-card is enough to grant them the appropriate rights (Checked my outcasts, their ID doesn't state that they are allowed to attack corsairs but no one would doubt it, no?)
Quote:but what if a naval pilot approaches one of the UC-bases uninvited?
Aye,I was talking about situation like the one above.
I don't plan to go and bombard planets and stuff,don't worry.
Quote:Unione Corse don't trust other pirate groups much and deal with them only out of necessity, in some cases acting as bounty hunters and taking out the most dangerous pirates by request of their government protectors or corporate sponsors.

Dunno. Sounds to me like they're more quasi-lawful than unlawful. Sorta like Farmers/Hogosha/Junkers I suppose.