Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BHG caps discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think it would benefit BHG pilots (at least in the destroyer and BC) to start turning around by pulling up or pitching down, rather than turning left or right. It leaves the smallest area of your ship facing the enemy, even if you do turn slightly slower.
Understand the total positioning of the BC turrets have a sever effect on where we can hit and how well. Anything behind (directly, back left, back right back above/below etc.) are pretty much impossible to hit something with more than 2 turrets at once. BS hard points can hit anything behind (above, directly across or below, period. Anyone starts shied rubbing we're in trouble, any start flying just above/below (or even around our tail) our tail, we're in trouble, directly behind, and it's a done deal. We're way too slow to keep most of our targets, even other cruisers from getting behind or to the side of us. Our blind spots are many and our agility is scarce. That ship needs to be relooked at from every perspective. at least so it's a complete sitting duck 80/5% of the time.

PS: I know the topic is getting a little dusty, but lets look at it from a non biased point of view.
Zero, my order carrier has worse turning than some battleships, and I can manage to keep smaller opponents in front of me... you've got better agility and half the size, it shouldnt be that difficult to come about on an opponent.

Having some better rear hardpoints wouldnt hurt, but stick with the theme of BHG ships having more forward firepower than rear firepower, ok? Otherwise I'll have to go ask for the carrier's hardpoints to be fixed to how they were originally =P (when it was first released, the carrier could fire almost all of it's turrets 360, now we have, at most, 11 turrets facing any one direction, and fewer in most directions other than forward)
' Wrote:Zero, my order carrier has worse turning than some battleships, and I can manage to keep smaller opponents in front of me... you've got better agility and half the size, it shouldnt be that difficult to come about on an opponent.

Having some better rear hardpoints wouldnt hurt, but stick with the theme of BHG ships having more forward firepower than rear firepower, ok? Otherwise I'll have to go ask for the carrier's hardpoints to be fixed to how they were originally =P (when it was first released, the carrier could fire almost all of it's turrets 360, now we have, at most, 11 turrets facing any one direction, and fewer in most directions other than forward)
It's not about rear firepower the way they're set makes glitch and act funny when an opponent starts rubbing against you the turretes on the top can't "bend to fire. The whay the BS hardpoints are set makes the completely useless one your enemy is on the corner of your "front screen".
ok, one thing is bad on all these discussions.
all BH players, are screaming how to balance it against order.
but, what with other unlawfull factions in omegas,omicrons,sigmas?
corsairs,outcasts,hessians,dragons, junkers(semilawfulls) etc etc.

when you buff mako to be stronger as it is now, are you sure that then it will corsiar dread with its size and low agility or outcasts dread have chance against it? because now you can in mako kill it 1 vs 1.. what when you buff it?
when you buff bh dessie, will then corsair,hessian,outcast,dragon dessie have chance? or then we can start again and buffing all unlawfull ships to be equally opponent to something with small profile and higher agility?...
dont forget that BH have more enemies to fight as just order. and every change in stats of every ship, will affect not just order, but all these groups and players in omicrons,omegas,sigmas....

//corsairs ships are slower as majority other, are you sure you will faster bhg ships?
hessian smaller ships have also bigger profile, are you sure you will faster bhg ships?
and all know how can this continue....
' Wrote:ok, one thing is bad on all these discussions.
all BH players, are screaming how to balance it against order.
but, what with other unlawfull factions in omegas,omicrons,sigmas?
corsairs,outcasts,hessians,dragons, junkers(semilawfulls) etc etc.

when you buff mako to be stronger as it is now, are you sure that then it will corsiar dread with its size and low agility or outcasts dread have chance against it? because now you can in mako kill it 1 vs 1.. what when you buff it?
when you buff bh dessie, will then corsair,hessian,outcast,dragon dessie have chance? or then we can start again and buffing all unlawfull ships to be equally opponent to something with small profile and higher agility?...
dont forget that BH have more enemies to fight as just order. and every change in stats of every ship, will affect not just order, but all these groups and players in omicrons,omegas,sigmas....

//corsairs ships are slower as majority other, are you sure you will faster bhg ships?
hessian smaller ships have also bigger profile, are you sure you will faster bhg ships?
and all know how can this continue....
This is true, my only quirk with the BC is it screwy hard pointing. it's profile is over all just a fat Destroyer, but it's taller and not only that but pretty much all ifr it's turrets are on the top. I hear what you are saying, and I think we should be careful not to brush up against other factions, I'm not really saying anything about boosting the capship's (BC) maneuverability. But maybe rearranging the hardpoints just a bit. All of it's firepower being on the top/front put us in a ridiculous disadvantage, no matter how small we are, and yes we are saml when compared to the GEB.

P.S. I completey understand what you are say Globe, and it's not fair to leave out other criminal factions, so I humbly ask people who may repost here, to be as fair as possible for everyone.
why are core ships balanced against the order - and not really vs. most others?

the core exists to seek and aquire as much alien technology as possible. - the order interfers - and a war has broken out. - so the primary enemy of the core is indeed the order - but only as long as the order wants the BHG core not to get this technology.

why are corsairs, outcasts, dragons, etc. not so important to be balanced vs. the core capital ships? - the core has little interest in those factions ( RP wise )

if the order wasn t interfering - the core would only fight nomads - against all others, the core would rather employ a self defense stance.

when the corsairs don t mess with the core - the core wouldn t care much for the corsairs for example ( again - it is RP wise ) outcasts / dragons etc. are so far away from dabadoru - which is the main base of the core ( except for o-56 ) that i doubt that any dragon had to fight a mako ever yet. even the outcasts are probably rather safe from the warships - cause BHGs hardly travel to alpha.
jinx, what you typed can be aplied onyl when core and bounty hunter have total different ships....

because basic bounty hunter will use the same bomber/gs/gb against hessians in dresden as core pilots against order in minor...
so when you balance the ships to be good against order, they can be uber against hessians... (example)

and explain things about self defense stance to systems that are almost daily invaded by hunters (not only core) gamma,41,theta sometimes alpha...

EDIT:
jinx to the outcasts. is only matter of time until CORE realize in rp, that outcasts and nomads are not enemies, and then i think CORE will target aslo outcasts more as now. so again. balance between they two factions...
TheMilliers's hitbox for BHG BS was tested by me as well as others and it works reasonably well, so it will come in due time.

BHG BC might use some firing arcs adjustment, but not much, while keeping same agility.

Else I don't see any problems.

====================================================================

' Wrote:Both Zoner Jugg and Nomad BS are more agile then Osiris or Mako, they are bigger so it's harder for them to dodge, but they are more agile.

This is incorrect, Osiris is the most agile BS in game, but you have to look on all the numbers that mean anything, not just on upwards turning (in Flstat).
' Wrote:TheMilliers's hitbox for BHG BS was tested by me as well as others and it works reasonably well, so it will come in due time.

I have a revised fixed hitbox ready, that fixes the problem of the nose cone area and front texture covering the hitbox. Holler if theres time to test it before 4.86.

Cpt. Miller, of the BHG|Core vessel "Miller's Draft"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8