Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I suppose I should introduce myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. My name is Will. Will Dueck, if you're in to that stalkerish full-name thing. A friend of mine finally managed to bully me into joining this site, so yeah. I believe he goes by the name 'Xelgion' here.

I've yet to play this game, but it's on my (Very long, sadly) list of things to do. Anyway, seeing as this post is awkardly short, I'll just rattle off some random stuff about myself:

I am a fifteen year old male from a pinprick town in the great state of Montana. I am currently of the heterosexual orientation (although the hormones have been throwing that into the air as of late), and I do have a girlfriend, which is surprising considering my annoying tendencies and terrifying case of acne. Yeah, that relationship is still relatively new, and I'm still not sure when it will crash and burn.

I have moderate amounts of experience with PHP (HTML/XML knowledge is a given) and am currently learning C++, although that has been on hold recently, due to issues IRL.

I own and operate a small hole-in-the-wall website I like to call Calamity Refuge (Link), although most of the action happens around its forums (Link) This site is a fan-site for the Indie RPGs of Spiderweb Software, but most of the discussion is not even closely related to these games. For those interested in the online roleplays, there's a bunch on the forums (as well as a wiki for them), and more are always welcome. Also of note is the AJAX-powered chatroom (Link. Guests: Any name, blank password).

Anyway, that's all about me that I find interesting enough to post here. Sorry if I got a little to advertise-ey there at the end.
Hey there, and welcome to the Discovery OOC 24/7 server.:P
Juuust joking.
Please enjoy your stay, and make sure you understand the RP conventions of the place, as well as the server rules, especially paying attention to common mistakes like profanity usage, rule lawyering, threatening others that you'll report them to the admins, cruising to catch up with an enemy running away on afterburners only, etc. etc.

I'm not really implying that you'd do any of these things, it's more like pointing out the most frequent mistakes people do.
Now hopefully, you'll use some common sense, as from your post you seem like a "commonsensey" enough person.

If you need any sort of help, advice, answers to any questions you may have, feel free to ask in this thread, via PM to me, or if you meet a player ingame with a [The_Angels] prefix, know that we're a faction, or better yet, assortment of people who help anyone in need of help on the server. It's our job to help you any way we can, so give us a ring.

Enjoy, and good luck.

Swift
welcome to discovery.

always good to see someone who seems to have their act together.

anyways, if you have not read the rules yet, i suggest you do so.

also, if you find the rules too large and too boring, read player sanctions. this will tell you what you cant do.
Yay Dubya!

Welcome to Discovery. A hint: Don't fight Swift, ever. He is a cheating bastard. >.>
Hey, I'm terrible with these things aswell... But welcome!
Welcome. Do all of the above.
And, i want to add another location where you can ask questions: The Disco help chat in Skype! (details in a sticky in this forum-part)
Introducing yourself to the masses is always awkward but painless with the anonymity of the internet. Make yourself at home and enjoy the gameplay on the server
Welcome to Discovery I hope you enjoy your stay.

You're welcome to PM me if you need a wingman
Welcome to the Server and community, play nice:)
Wilkommen! Enjoy your stay here, read the rules and have fun! Here is the Discovery Help Skype chat http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=28500&st=0
It is a great place to ask questions and meet other people new to the server!