Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game Admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know people are complaining about the lack of admins in game. You never really see them on, and when they are its only for like 5 minutes. I know the admins do a hell of a lot of work on disco and they rarely have time to get on the server. People say that there should be more admins to ease the load but Im thinking of another idea.

A new class of admins- game admins! All they are supposed to do is go in game and do all the things an admin would do, helping people, returning order to the server and reporting players to the real admins for sanctions...bans...PERMA BANS :)Then the admins wouldn't feel as presured to get ingame on thier admin char.

So while the admins do all their work, the game admins mediate Sirius and pass things on to the admins so they can stay on server.

Nice idea? Yes...No...?
Kinda. Given it is a good idea but it would actually require more work because they would have to make sure those admins are following the rules and not using there powers for evil.
So basicly their like Moderators.;)
' Wrote:Kinda. Given it is a good idea but it would actually require more work because they would have to make sure those admins are following the rules and not using there powers for evil.

Oh yeah, youd have to have good people to fill this role, not some lvl 5 Fresh outa planet Erie.
As in server police?

AFAIK, igiss doesn't want server police...
I think this has been shot down several times before. Word from on high has declared it a Bad Idea.
I like this idea a great deal, actually, and propose the following people who I feel would be excellent for the role:

Cannon
Jihadjoe
Athenian
Virus
Dieter
Laowai
<strike>Dusty Lens</strike> (noob)

My connection has been curiously poor as of late, but I was on for about 3 hours last night and again the night before. You can always PM us on the forum.

Do bear in mind that this -is- a game and something we pursue in our leisure time. Sometimes, believe it or not, we choose to enjoy playing the game that our time goes into maintaining. Having someone online around the clock falls well within the realm of madness.

On which note, feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.
But Dusty, I thought all of you were already in the realm of madness...
Not a bad idea, I can't see why dusty calls himself noob, if theres any noob/attentionwhore around here, its probably me.

I think you'd be really good at the job, same with some other admins.

But what we do need is more people in penn teaching people. I hop on my miner, set up a service and give noobs 24 million credits in like... an hour or so... but then again, thats just me. most of them I find are really great people.
' Wrote:I like this idea a great deal, actually, and propose the following people who I feel would be excellent for the role:

Cannon
Jihadjoe
Athenian
Virus
Dieter
Laowai
<strike>Dusty Lens</strike> (noob)

My connection has been curiously poor as of late, but I was on for about 3 hours last night and again the night before. You can always PM us on the forum.

Do bear in mind that this -is- a game and something we pursue in our leisure time. Sometimes, believe it or not, we choose to enjoy playing the game that our time goes into maintaining. Having someone online around the clock falls well within the realm of madness.

On which note, feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Im not talking about someone around the clock. Just someone to do the things admins do but only on the server.

Pages: 1 2