Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: greetings everyone:-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my name is marko an i played freelancer SP couple of years ago...i always wanted to play MP but i didn't have broadband connection to internet...until recently :yahoo:

so, i accidentaly saw on some forum topic about freelancer and void mod...so i downloaded it and played it for a 3-4 days...and i got bored...why? because, i like freelancer (and privateer and tie fighter and x wing and frontier and elite...etc) mainy because it has some story...

it doesn't need to be extraordinary, but it has to exist...space combats, regardless of whom i'm fighting are the same...but if you have a story to back it up, that's a real thing...

so, on void server, some guy told me about discovery, hamburg and other server that i might be interested with...i googled it and have found discovery...

i didn't read the story, but first i read the rules...and i thought "omg, this is to serious, i only want to have some fun"...later on, i continued to research dicoverygc.com and i've found youtube long intro clip...and that makes me more interested in this whole story.

i've read storyline from wiki and, in combination with this excellent thread http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14788 , i started to "travel" across sirius system:D

ok, now after this long introduction (i hope i'm not boring :crazy:) i have only one question:
where can i find whole story until today? i have story until disco 4.84, i have couple of lines of disco 4.84 and 4.85, but that's it...where can i find what's going on "today"?

why am i asking that? because, i'm creating my character. i'm guided by my RL geographical location, interests, family and friends, and so on, and i narrowed my selection to 3 sleeperships - hispania, bretonia, gallia...
ok, now, regarding to my RL thought about police, navy, criminal, (un)lawfullnes, i'm trying to choose beetween fractions that belongs to this 3 sleeperships...
but, if i, for example, choose the outcasts and make my character story using them, how can i know does some allies and enemies that they have (written on wiki) are changed? maybe they made a pact with the corsairs or any other fraction?

so, my main question is where i can find up to date storyline?

my gf told me that i took whole this thing to serious, but i only entered RP the way i like and the way i'm feel good with :nyam:

p.s. i couldn't find Printable Quick Reference for Factions in PDF
p.p.s. in tihs thread http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7093 there are some links that doesn't work and i couldn't post PM to author
p.p.p.s. it would be nice to rearange forum so the rules, storyline, fraction relations, tips and tricks, and everything for newbie, take place on the top of forum

that was it...i hope that you managed to stay focus on my longest thread ever :D

see ya in vast nothingness of outer space! :)
' Wrote:my name is marko an i played freelancer SP couple of years ago...i always wanted to play MP but i didn't have broadband connection to internet...until recently :yahoo:

so, i accidentaly saw on some forum topic about freelancer and void mod...so i downloaded it and played it for a 3-4 days...and i got bored...why? because, i like freelancer (and privateer and tie fighter and x wing and frontier and elite...etc) mainy because it has some story...

it doesn't need to be extraordinary, but it has to exist...space combats, regardless of whom i'm fighting are the same...but if you have a story to back it up, that's a real thing...

so, on void server, some guy told me about discovery, hamburg and other server that i might be interested with...i googled it and have found discovery...

i didn't read the story, but first i read the rules...and i thought "omg, this is to serious, i only want to have some fun"...later on, i continued to research dicoverygc.com and i've found youtube long intro clip...and that makes me more interested in this whole story.

i've read storyline from wiki and, in combination with this excellent thread http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14788 , i started to "travel" across sirius system:D

ok, now after this long introduction (i hope i'm not boring :crazy:) i have only one question:
where can i find whole story until today? i have story until disco 4.84, i have couple of lines of disco 4.84 and 4.85, but that's it...where can i find what's going on "today"?

why am i asking that? because, i'm creating my character. i'm guided by my RL geographical location, interests, family and friends, and so on, and i narrowed my selection to 3 sleeperships - hispania, bretonia, gallia...
ok, now, regarding to my RL thought about police, navy, criminal, (un)lawfullnes, i'm trying to choose beetween fractions that belongs to this 3 sleeperships...
but, if i, for example, choose the outcasts and make my character story using them, how can i know does some allies and enemies that they have (written on wiki) are changed? maybe they made a pact with the corsairs or any other fraction?

so, my main question is where i can find up to date storyline?

my gf told me that i took whole this thing to serious, but i only entered RP the way i like and the way i'm feel good with :nyam:

p.s. i couldn't find Printable Quick Reference for Factions in PDF
p.p.s. in tihs thread http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7093 there are some links that doesn't work and i couldn't post PM to author
p.p.p.s. it would be nice to rearange forum so the rules, storyline, fraction relations, tips and tricks, and everything for newbie, take place on the top of forum

that was it...i hope that you managed to stay focus on my longest thread ever :D

see ya in vast nothingness of outer space! :)

WELCOME TO DISCO!!

read the rules, have fun and join the 'sairs;)

edit: you can check the faction reputation in game
welcome to discovery.

Basically what that guy said.

Also note: OHHH NOOOOOO SMILEY FACE IN THE THREAD NAME1!!!1111!
Hey, Welcome to Disco!
I hope you have a great time!
See you in space soon!
Everything major on the wiki is up to date.

Now.. for what's happening today. All the houses are at war with each other. Bretonia v. Kusari, Liberty v. Rheinland Corsairs v. Outcasts Gallia v. the rest of Sirius...
Welcome to Discovery.
Enjoy your stay.
Welcome to discovery.

Try to be a happy member of discovery. Happy, read rules, have fun!!!
Welcome to the community, glad you could join us
Hello there! Rules, laughs, fun, outcasts screaming in pain. Welcome to the fold.