Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Use of nomad weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So, recently i have seen a couple of BHG|Core- ships using nomad weapons, i am wondering if bounty hunters (maybe just the core?) are allowed to use nomad weapons?

Or is the nomad cannon/blaster infocard still right to say only usable on Order and Keeper IDed ships?

Just some clarification would be nice.
If the Core gets the weapons, isn't that classed as elitist? Sure I know the Core is the higher ups in RP, but what would stop people from renaming to Core tags?

Personally, I like the Nomad weapons being restricted, but sometimes I think no human ship should have them for security reasons and such, or whatever floats your boat.
Well, you have to be order guard IDed (or at least have full order guard rep) to buy them from evora, so i dont see how the core would be different.

Its just that the nomad weapons infocards say they are keeper and order only.
This is true, and while I can in RP see the Core stealing these weapons from derelict or damaged guard pilots, I still don't like these weapons in human use, nor can it stop these weapons from being power-gamed.

Scenario:
Order Guard pilot sells Nomad Blaster/Cannon weaponry to a Core pilot (actual or otherwise), and starts spreading the guns around.

That is the scenario in my head that I don't want to see happen, and can see happen. There aren't exactly any passwords to stop people buying these guns.:(
Im looking at this from a rules point of view, rather than an RP point of view, is it within the rules to use a weapon that on its infocard it says you cant?
Core has been doing research and experimentations on Nomad technology for quite some time now and the prototypes have only recently been brought out for testing.

Core has special permission to equip these weapons under the same rules as Order.. they can only equip 2 at most. Furthermore, the Core regulations state that only a guard repped (full guard rep not flashing does not qualify) and ID'd ship may use these weapons and must not enter House space under any circumstances with these items on the ship (equipped or not).

Wait ...

Wasn't cause the BHG didn't had that weapons they started that war against the order ?
This war is then pointless OR I missed something.

I could add trading -friendly- between BHG and Order is not really possible with this war.

/invoke adminTeam ?
I suppose I could give a big, evil chuckle and mutter about the success of our mad scientists, who have been toiling away in secret laboratories for countless hours to perfect the reverse engineering of these maniacal devices.

Which actually sounds pretty good, the more I think about it, so excuse me for a moment while I do that.

Okay, got that out of my system.

Now, as far as your concern, regarding these weapons.

We have them, and we have permission to use them as Kristiano said. BHG|Core tagged ONLY ships, whether fighter or bomber, no more than two weapons per ship, and these weapons must operate under strict faction guidelines. We role played it, it was discussed with both the Order High Command and with the admins, and it was agreed that this is the logical step. It is in our faction page that we have and can use these weapons, albeit the list of ships isn't quite updated on who can have them.

As for anyone else - first you'd have to GET some of the darned things. It just so happens that we've had these sitting around for a while - quite a while. We performed nothing nefarious with the Order regarding negotiations - they were sitting in our armoury when 4.84 rolled into 4.85 from where we'd previously captured them for study.

And remember, the whole purpose behind the BHG|Core is that we are fighting the Order for control of Nomad technology. We want it, they have it.

Elitist? No more so than just simply exercising the right of someone to post a special RP request, have it discussed at higher levels, and having it approved as it furthers the RP of the server.

EDIT -> No need to do anything, Grimly. The BHG|Core is acting with admin approval of our Role Play.

Thanks, makes much more sense now.
That's what I don't get. Excuse me but that's hard.

Here you have it :
Quote:We have them, and we have permission to use them
Here you say you fight cause you don't :
Quote:And remember, the whole purpose behind the BHG|Core is that we are fighting the Order for control of Nomad technology. We want it, they have it.
Bring me light please:)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10