Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: misc_equip.ini - possible error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Community,

time to delurk for me. I have been a long-time Freelancer Player and have been playing the Discovery 4.85 mod for a couple of weeks now, if only in SP - I am really not sure about multiplayer yet.

Anyway, I have always liked Freelancer Traderoute Calculator and was surprised that it did not work in Discovery (crashes on init). So I took a look at the debug output and found the culprit.

In file misc_equip.ini one of the ids_name tags is strange:

[CounterMeasure]
nickname = dsy_nomad_cm_01_ammo
ids_name = 506.05.200904801
ids_info = 504802

This is were FTC barfs, with the message that "506.05.200904801" is not an integer. Which is quite right ;)

After looking at this tag and the ids_info that goes with it, this is what I assume has happened. While trying to type "504801" somebody hit a function key to insert a date, "06.05.2009" which lead to the string "506.05.200904801".

I changed the file accordingly on my machine:

[CounterMeasure]
nickname = dsy_nomad_cm_01_ammo
ids_name = 504801
ids_info = 504802

Now FTC works fine and it does not seem to break anything in Freelancer. I would like one of the modmakers to reply, please.

That bug is known about and yes it is a real one. I'll check to make sure it is fixed in the next update. I thought it was fixed in the 4.85 final release but it seems that it isn't.
' Wrote:That bug is known about and yes it is a real one. I'll check to make sure it is fixed in the next update. I thought it was fixed in the 4.85 final release but it seems that it isn't.

Thanks for the quick reply - and a BIG THANK YOU for the outstanding Discovery mod!

That's abloody nice bug:Pa great find!
I'm impressed mortal.

A great find indeed.
Wow... and to think you also managed to notice that was a date of all things.
Kudos indeed.
If you find a large sheet of paper with lots of numbers on it... leave it alone!!! :laugh:
nice catch, nice going man.
*Chuckles*

Nicely done.:)