Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: red/green colors - enemy/friend question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everybody,
today i made my char (Marko) and make a few flights around pennsylvania and new york system. i played it for a 10 minutes, because i was only looking around...now i'll read what weapons i can use, etc...and then i'll be back in the game...

in my first run i noticed two things:
1 - there are no NPCs
2 - every human character i saw has white color

my questions:
1 - does DISCO have decreased number of NPCs in game than in SP or other servers (i played void) or this is only in pennsylvania and new york?
2 - i know that no one is allowed to attack civil ID that is lesser than 30 - is because of that every color white?
3 - wihen i join some faction, for example outcast, will i see corsairs red and chrysantema green? i have read in rules that i have to scan a ship (and say some kind of warning) before i attack it, but what will i see when i do that? i scaned few ships and only relevant thing i saw was ID...what will tell me is this ship is a corsair, red hessian, police or something else? name?

i hope you understanded what was my point:unsure:

thank you in advance

(i can't find spellchek, so i hope that there are no many typos)

Once the player count reaches 130, NPCs are baisically turned off (not completely, just mostly).

Everyone was white to you because you havent done anything to effect the default rep (default is most factions white, a few red).

When you join a faction, by buying the ID and gaining the tag, your reputation is changed by the came to mirror that factions diplomacy (e.g. joining the oucasts will automatically make the corsairs red, and the liberty rogues green).
' Wrote:hi everybody,
today i made my char (Marko) and make a few flights around pennsylvania and new york system. i played it for a 10 minutes, because i was only looking around...now i'll read what weapons i can use, etc...and then i'll be back in the game...

in my first run i noticed two things:
1 - there are no NPCs
2 - every human character i saw has white color

my questions:
1 - does DISCO have decreased number of NPCs in game than in SP or other servers (i played void) or this is only in pennsylvania and new york?
2 - i know that no one is allowed to attack civil ID that is lesser than 30 - is because of that every color white?
3 - wihen i join some faction, for example outcast, will i see corsairs red and chrysantema green? i have read in rules that i have to scan a ship (and say some kind of warning) before i attack it, but what will i see when i do that? i scaned few ships and only relevant thing i saw was ID...what will tell me is this ship is a corsair, red hessian, police or something else? name?

i hope you understanded what was my point:unsure:

thank you in advance

(i can't find spellchek, so i hope that there are no many typos)

The number of NPCs at any given time is dependent on server load. If you get from the Penn jumpgate to West Point without Rogues taking the lane out and trying to kill you, consider yourself lucky.

People are showing white because they are currently neutral to you and vice versa. Head into New York and you'll see plently of red ones. When you have faction rep you'll start seeing green ones too. New York will answer your question about names too.
tnx guys, you helped a lot