Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Weapon Groups.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyia Guys. On Capital ships I am wanting to use these weapon groups to quickly fire certain weapons when needed. How tho? On my Options and under controls and i scroll down i get Fire weapons group 1-6 and under that lost i got Fire weapon 1-10 How do i get my weapons into groups?
I had exactly the same problem for a while, in fact I didn't even know it was possible until I joined this forum. I just wish I could find the post that educated me, I'm sure it was far more clear than my attempt is likely to be, but here goes:

Go into the controls section where you saw the "Fire Weapons Group" control, then click the tab above the list with "User Interface" written on it. If you scroll down the list of controls, you'll see "Assign Weapon Group". Once you have these hotkeys set up, you can begin assigning your weapon groups. First you have to be out in space, then you just activate the weapons you want in that group, and hit the Assign Weapon Group hotkey for the group you're trying to set.
Hopefully that wasn't too jumbled...
After that, the "Fire Weapon Group" command should work how you wanted.

For some reason the system tends to forget my weapon groups occasionally, but that might just be me...
Hope I've helped

For some reason the system tends to forget my weapon groups occasionally, but that might just be me...
Hope I've helped
[/quote]

I think this is because when you dock whatever weapons group you have active gets automatically reset to the weapons you have set in group 1

So if you dock with weapons group 4 active when you launch whatever you have set in weapons group 1 becomes weapons group 4, if you follow my meaning.

At least that is what happems to me if I forget to select weapons group 1 when I dock